Vintage open Arco? unknown

red baron

Almost there :thumbsup:
Thank you guys! Time has been an issue these days but I did make some progress. I made my chain guard and mount, mounted the number plate and I think I have the final decision made on the tank and location. I styled the chain guard after an antique bicycle I used to have. I just have to choose the finish on my remaining parts. Decision making is turning out to be one of the biggest obstacles of this build off second to ideas. I'm waiting on some cosmetics and then onto the final push. IMG_1046.JPG IMG_1044.JPG IMG_1035.JPG IMG_1035.JPG

Last edited:

red baron

It look's great . :scooter:
I like that gas tank on that bike ! :thumbsup: Nice cover to Brian ...looking good .
Thanks guys, I saw a similar tank on a cool chopper lol! I welded up the tank mount today and spent a few hours trying to polish out the tank. Steel doesn't polish well but I don't really want to paint it either so I rattle can cleared it for now. Thinner will take it right off when I'm ready. I had an idea that you could clear bare metal and then draw out decals etc to mock up designs and then just wipe it all off with thinner when your done and you wouldn't have to worry abut rust.

red baron

IMG_1082.JPG I couldn't find any decent bar risers so I called on my good friend at vintage twister.com and he was kind enough to turn a couple on his lathe for me.

red baron

IMG_1066.JPG IMG_1081.JPG IMG_1065.JPG IMG_1081.JPG
You know how you dred certain parts of a build and sometimes there's not even a good reason too. Well this is my part I procrastinated on. A stupid tank mount. I cut up the stock Clinton mount and reworked it a bit. I painted the tank "Brilliant Aluminum" but when you hit it with clear it's not very brilliant after. I used rattle can paint but I was told that you can use automotive clear over this paint. I'm going to try it out.

red baron

IMG_1084.JPG IMG_1085.JPG
I got new decals for the tank and I wanted to mock a couple of other decals so I rolled up a piece of masking tape to temporarily hold them on. I'm waiting to clear coat the painted parts before I mount the tank. I have a little wiring to do and a bit of assembly, work out a few bugs and I'm calling it done.