Vintage open Arco? unknown

IMG_1098.JPG IMG_1100.JPG
I cleared the tins today with a 2 part urethane in a spray can. It's really cool, it looks like a standard spray can but underneath is a plunger rod. You hit the plunger and it pierces an internal chamber and it releases the hardener/activator. You shake it for 2 minutes and apply like any other spray paint. $21 for a 12oz can at NAPA. You can spray right over regular enamel spray paint which is what I did so it will hopefully resist gas.

They look great.....I've been looking at a few new ones....But they don't look quite right .
'74 and later Rupp nitro, '74 Merc trail twister, Kawasaki/sno jet, and some yamaha's would be candidates for bars. These are wider and have a different pull back than Rupp mini bike bars. I'm obviously not a purist and I'm cheap so I use whatever suites me.

IMG_1583.JPG My friend thought I should do this machine swirl to the chain guard. I've let other people make decisions on my build because I wanted to break out of my comfort zone. I'm not sure if I'm crazy about this but at least it's period correct. I've been blasting around on the bike for a few days working out bugs. The biggest problem is me, I don't fit so good on the bike. The clear coat didn't hold up well on the tank, maybe I did something wrong? It said it had a 48 hour pot life but it sat for 10 days and still didn't harden in the can like it was supposed to. Now I have to make a you tube account and try to make a video.:repuke:

red baron

Thanks guys,but there will be no ride video. My son took it for a ride and crashed it in the yard. No major injury but the bike is broken and I don't have the time to fix it.

Nice! I just picked up an EZ Rider today. I am guessing a 1970. Has a torque converter. Chrome spoke rims. front and rear brakes.
It starts right up. Going to use it to run around vintage motorcycle days here in Ohio. Good luck on the build off!

Fdeeptone