Vintage style frames?

I only see the China bikes with full suspension. I forget the name of the one bike but I rode a friend's and it was pretty sweet. Check Studz hardware/power sports in Michigan. They sell them. I think it is called a Trail Master.

nightgrider

Old full suspension frames do show up used and can be built for a lot less as just a rider than new frames. But it does take patience jumping on a deal when it pops up.

I've actually about had it with my vintage full suspension fox campus. It has the worst chain tensioning design and keeps jumping the chain. But I'm also asking a lot out of the bike that it wasn't designed for and I don't have the original rear shocks. I'm leaning towards making a hardtail conversion for it or making my own no suspension frame.

Last edited:
Several of us have fabricated suspension frames from "hard tail" frames. It's a labor of love, because no one is going to spend the money it actually takes to do the work in general. Not when you can buy the latest crap from China for a fraction of the cost. Also, the best donor frames for swing arm additions are those with the reverse curve at the back of the frames. Like Bonanza and Trail Horse- both of which also made swing arm models. Here's a link to a fabrication job I did a few years ago. I'd do it again, and it was a nice learning experience.

joshua. c.

The biggest issue with new full suspension bikes is they are always expensive (more than they should be and too expensive for most people.) The doodlebug became the hottest mini bike in America for a while because it was cheep. no shocks just a bare bones frame. I love vintage style full suspension frames and pretty much buy those exclusively but to convince me to buy a new not vintage suspended frame it would have to be something spectacular and be relatively cheep. (comparable to the price of a ridged frame)

Several of us have fabricated suspension frames from "hard tail" frames. It's a labor of love, because no one is going to spend the money it actually takes to do the work in general. Not when you can buy the latest crap from China for a fraction of the cost. Also, the best donor frames for swing arm additions are those with the reverse curve at the back of the frames. Like Bonanza and Trail Horse- both of which also made swing arm models. Here's a link to a fabrication job I did a few years ago. I'd do it again, and it was a nice learning experience.
That's awesome . Exactly what I am looking for or to do .I just don't have time to do it myself or the technical skills .