ward montgomery minibike project

I just picked up this minibike last week. Need to track down some things before I tear it apart.

Front Decal?
I have been searching but can't find one. I thinking of taking it to a printing place that makes decals, see if they can make one.

Paint color?
Same thing, peel off the decal and see if the paint is not faded to get a match.

Of course before I tear it apart for sand blasting, I will get it running first.

Saw another picture of the decal on someelses minibike. It was centered where as mine is lower. Wonder what was stock, I would think centered.

I still need to find a good match on the color.

The paint on the engine mounting plate looks the least faded. Leaking engine oil and the engine shielding the plate from the sun would probably make it the best representative surface of the original paint. I'd match it to the paint on the engine mounting plate.

That seat looks to be in good condition and it has the original chain-guard............Nice purchase!!

The paint on the engine mounting plate looks the least faded. Leaking engine oil and the engine shielding the plate from the sun would probably make it the best representative surface of the original paint. I'd match it to the paint on the engine mounting plate.

That seat looks to be in good condition and it has the original chain-guard............Nice purchase!!

Thanks for the tip, I will pull the motor and do a good cleaning. See how the paint look there. The seat is a little faded but I will try cleaning it up a little.