Wards Mini Bike Info Wanted

I just picked up a Wards Mini Bike with a 5 HP Tecumseh and it has 10" Wheels with 24 spokes. Looks to be kind of a Rupp copy. I need a rear wheel as mine is badly bent.

Also I would like to see some pics of this model when new or in a magazine or catalog ad. Wanting to restore this one as close as possible to original.

I just picked up a Wards Mini Bike with a 5 HP Tecumseh and it has 10" Wheels with 24 spokes. Looks to be kind of a Rupp copy. I need a rear wheel as mine is badly bent.

Also I would like to see some pics of this model when new or in a magazine or catalog ad. Wanting to restore this one as close as possible to original.
That's an Arco (Alexander Reynolds) badged and sold as a Montgomery Wards. Very nice. You could search Arco Bushwacker for a wheel, or try looking over the wheel to see who the manufacturer was. I'm not 100% certain whose wheel they used. Welcome to OldMiniBikes.

Thanks guys. Yes its complete and will start. Needs the carb cleaned out and a new governor rod but I am pretty happy with it.

I appreciate any and all leads as searching for Montgomery Wards Mini Bikes hasn't turned up anything that looks like the one I have. I will look for the Arco stuff now.

Any idea what year this thing is? If I could figure that out I could hone in on looking for magazine ads for some pictures. Wondering if it came with a two tone colored seat as pictured.

Nice find. I would guess to say some where in the mid 70's. Bottom left is the arco bushwacker.

url=http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=97741&title=arco-bike-seats2&cat=1102]
[/url]

Rad Randy, what's the first digit of the serial number your engine? If the engine is original, that will tell you the year of your bike.

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...