Wards T555 Jackshaft Replacement Questions..

CaptNugget

Hi..Starting to get started on my wards T555 Terrain Cycle project.
I snapped the Jackshaft (couldnt resist throwing a motor on it when i got it) haha
I have made a list of what i believe i need from OldMiniBikes Warehouse, would just like to double-check and see what info i can get as this is my first jackshaft replacement and ill need to do a few soon.
1)5/8" Jackshaft x 12"...2)5/8" Jackshaft collar...3)5/8"x1 3/8" Precision Sealed Bearings (w/ snap ring)X2...4)3/16"x3/16"x1 1/4" Key Stock...5)3/16"x3/16x3/4" Key Stock...6) #40/41 chain 12 tooth sprocket (5/8")
Im also figuring on replacing chain also...would i need a #40 or #41? And would i need the 'roller chain' or 'standard chain', whats the difference?
Im also not sure on replacing the bearings...one isnt there and the other seems stuck in..do i need to knock out the edges, like where the one bearing fell out (pic)?

Any help suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
:grind:

CaptNugget

Does anyone happen to know the brake band size for the Wards Terrain Cycle off hand? Goin to try and measure tonight but figured I'd see If anyone knew stock size..

My Tri Sport TS-110 has a 4 3/16" brake band and it looks just smaller than the old one from the Tri-Sport..

Maybe 4"?....ill try to get pics later tonight after work

There are 2 brake bands on the Terrain Cycle

Last edited: