*Warning* Lil Indian Mini Bike Group FB page *Stay Away*

PatrickCraik

I doubt Ray or Regis would lose any sleep over some bs drama. They've been around forever,as we all know and have fried way bigger fish in their time. They're certainly not worried about losing money, I just happily paid $25.00+ for foot pegs last Saturday and thankfully I didn't need anything else, most of the minis for sale were too pricey for me. Regis lives in Georgia and doesnt seem to be in any hurry making and shipping frame kits to Detroit

Last edited:

LIVIT

It's sad that one of the iconic mini bike names. Has a FB page with this kind of bs going on. Sadly this seems to be a trend on a lot of FB pages. I own and operate a Surf and Bank fishing Guide service in SC. I've actually had other guides, post on my FB biz page, that my prices are too low for me too be a "Good Guide" So quality and my knowledge is based on my prices, not my 50 years plus of experience ! One thing to keep in mind with this kind of bs. Know your right in what your doing and that your actions and statements are true and warranted.

Ya I was also bashed on there about a 1yr ago selling a Lil Indian frame and fork on eBay and and again it was posted on the LI page as price gouging so I confronted them and said who makes u the guru on setting the prices do u have a kbb book on pricing minibikes & parts cuz if u do u better send me one or a copy cuz I got a lot more crap to sell due to life changes and health problems as I’ve owned a lot of lil Indians and parts and I’m sure there’s quite a few members here that can and will vouch for me on that same with ruttmans and alot of other manufacturers I probably had a way better inventory than lil Indian themselves but all I got for a reply was just calm down I said no it’s BS u called me out and I would like to know but never got a straight answer and all my reply’s where just removed so nobody could read them all that was left on the page was me listed as a price gouging but I never got blocked I was strictly selling on eBay cuz to me id rather pay the fees and ship whole minibikes then deal with local people and the BS, stress,and drama on FB when it’s just as easy to just keep scrolling than to bash someone’s post IMO but that’s just me I just had another issue on FB on another page and got blocked and removed and the admin came after me in pm’s and when I got sick of dealing with the drama I deleted the post and yet again the admin sent me another pm asking me if I sold the item and all I said was so I gotta contact u when I sell stuff too and he replied no I said well y did u ask then and then he removed/blocked me so I contacted him and asked y I was blocked and he said I think it was ur attitude I’m like seriously you came after me cuz someone asked me to pm them I was like WOW!! man enjoy ur fb page and I hope u don’t treat others like u treated me have a good one

I saw the FB post and wasn't surprised. Those guys want it their way or no way. Interestingly, they have no issue sharing the Bring A Trailer bikes being sold for insane money. Do I agree with some prices that things are bringing, no way. However, as said, it's worth what someone is willing to pay. I don't think any of us ever thought about a cash value of these bikes when we were kids. We were too busy riding, modifying and having fun with them.
I love to see the cool bikes found there but just don't post in it any longer. My Lil Indian is basically a tribute bike. It's not a correct 700 model and doesn't fit the standards on that page...

Ya I was also bashed on there about a 1yr ago selling a Lil Indian frame and fork on eBay and and again it was posted on the LI page as price gouging so I confronted them and said who makes u the guru on setting the prices do u have a kbb book on pricing minibikes & parts cuz if u do u better send me one or a copy cuz I got a lot more crap to sell due to life changes and health problems as I’ve owned a lot of lil Indians and parts and I’m sure there’s quite a few members here that can and will vouch for me on that same with ruttmans and alot of other manufacturers I probably had a way better inventory than lil Indian themselves but all I got for a reply was just calm down I said no it’s BS u called me out and I would like to know but never got a straight answer and all my reply’s where just removed so nobody could read them all that was left on the page was me listed as a price gouging but I never got blocked I was strictly selling on eBay cuz to me id rather pay the fees and ship whole minibikes then deal with local people and the BS, stress,and drama on FB when it’s just as easy to just keep scrolling than to bash someone’s post IMO but that’s just me I just had another issue on FB on another page and got blocked and removed and the admin came after me in pm’s and when I got sick of dealing with the drama I deleted the post and yet again the admin sent me another pm asking me if I sold the item and all I said was so I gotta contact u when I sell stuff too and he replied no I said well y did u ask then and then he removed/blocked me so I contacted him and asked y I was blocked and he said I think it was ur attitude I’m like seriously you came after me cuz someone asked me to pm them I was like WOW!! man enjoy ur fb page and I hope u don’t treat others like u treated me have a good one
What these guys fail to understand is, what they consider "Gouging" doesn't necessarily hurt the hobby or brand. Yeah, prices of these bikes and parts seem to have gone through the roof but in the long run, it makes that bike worth or at least sell for that much more. Do you think the guy who did pay $250 for that 7 hole muffler is going to charge the same price for his bike once it's installed?, No, he's going to ad that to the final cost if he so choses to sell it later down the road. The days of finding complete 50+ year old bikes is pretty much a thing of the past, hell, just finding an unmolested frame to start with is. Everyone knows that building a vehicle from parts is going to cost you 3 times as much as buying one whole, it's the finding one whole that's the problem. I'm sure anyone who has built a bike entirely of parts understands that when time comes to sell it, they look at what it cost them to build. Frame = $600, powder coat = $200, engine = $800, seat = $125, wheels = $350, clutch cover = $350, caliper = $350, throttle/grips = $150 and around another $250 for the smalls, tires/tubes, nuts/bolts etc. All that brings the total to just over $3,000 which would be about right for a CORRECT restoration. It's the overpriced JUNK or reproductions that isn't correct that sells for $2,500 that hurts the hobby. People see some junker go for $1,500 and think "Damn, if they can get it so can I" and they usually do. I guara-damn-t ya that everyone that has seen those 7 hole mufflers sell for $250 is scrambling around the shed looking for one in a drawer or thinking of pulling it off their bike and selling it, then they think "If it's SELLING for that now, what's it gonna cost me to replace it when I go to sell the bike?. Hell, it's probably the FB guys who are setting these prices!, one guy lists a part for "X" amount and his buddy buys it at the inflated price and everyone THINKS they can sell theirs for that too. That's why those sellers aren't getting ATTACKED for "Gouging". Just like good' ole Johnny and his reproduction clutch covers. As soon as he said that he was going to do that, I seen original CHROME covers sell for $250 when they used to sell for $500.

-A2M

Last edited:
What these guys fail to understand is, what they consider "Gouging" doesn't necessarily hurt the hobby or brand. Yeah, prices of these bikes and parts seem to have gone through the roof but in the long run, it makes that bike worth or at least sell for that much more. Do you think the guy who did pay $250 for that 7 hole muffler is going to charge the same price for his bike once it's installed?, No, he's going to ad that to the final cost if he so choses to sell it later down the road. The days of finding complete 50+ year old bikes is pretty much a thing of the past, hell, just finding an unmolested frame to start with is. Everyone knows that building a vehicle from parts is going to cost you 3 times as much as buying one whole, it's the finding one whole that's the problem. I'm sure anyone who has built a bike entirely of parts understands that when time comes to sell it, they look at what it cost them to build. Frame = $600, powder coat = $200, engine = $800, seat = $125, wheels = $350, clutch cover = $350, caliper = $350, throttle/grips = $150 and around another $250 for the smalls, tires/tubes, nuts/bolts etc. All that brings the total to just over $3,000 which would be about right for a CORRECT restoration. It's the overpriced JUNK or reproductions that isn't correct that sells for $2,500 that hurts the hobby. People see some junker go for $1,500 and think "Damn, if they can get it so can I" and they usually do. I guara-damn-t ya that everyone that has seen those 7 hole mufflers sell for $250 is scrambling around the shed looking for one in a drawer or thinking of pulling it off their bike and selling it, then they think "If it's SELLING for that now, what's it gonna cost me to replace it when I go to sell the bike?.

-A2M
There’s the problem…thinking you can get out of one what you have in it….No way….I have 1700 in a Gilson hoping to get 1200….I have over 3700 in restoring a bc1300 you think you’ll ever get close to that??? Maybe 1800….this is not a hobby to get into expecting to make a living or even breaking even….it’s all about bringing back to life a piece of your childhood, one which many of us could only dream of and not afford…sucked to sit back and watch the rich kids ride….now any kid in my neighborhood that wants to ride does….

There’s the problem…thinking you can get out of one what you have in it….No way….I have 1700 in a Gilson hoping to get 1200….I have over 3700 in restoring a bc1300 you think you’ll ever get close to that??? Maybe 1800….this is not a hobby to get into expecting to make a living or even breaking even….it’s all about bringing back to life a piece of your childhood, one which many of us could only dream of and not afford…sucked to sit back and watch the rich kids ride….now any kid in my neighborhood that wants to ride does….
NOT making money on a mini bike may be true for you and I but the attached image proves someone can. A year or two ago most of us seen this same bike on eBay for $1,800 and laughed... I did, but guess what, someone bought it for over $2,600. The description is what cracked me up, frame off, nut and bolt "RESTORATION" my ass!. This 1968 is a limited ONE year production?, my 2017 Jeep Cherokee is a ONE year limited production too, it was only made in 2017!!!. When I look at that bike I think $500 frame at the "Gouged" price, $15 paint (maybe $21.50, they had to paint the engine too), $65 seat, $125 wheels and tires, $100 engine, $25 throttle set and brake lever, $8 for the foot peg caps and don't forget $60 for fenders. Hell, if it were autographed it would have brought at least $25 more, this is the CRAP that sets the bar for prices being so high!. Thanks Barrett Jackson!, it's no wonder your initials are BJ, someone just got s*ck*d off!.

Screen Shot 2022-12-19 at 9.39.08 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-12-19 at 10.07.16 AM.png

Last edited:

PatrickCraik

Hmm? Price gouging? I thought we could ask whatever we wanted for our stuff?They have a 60's frame in need of a foot bar welded on, priced @ $575. Way Too rich for me but somebody might bite. I wonder in the f/b dude is aware of their prices?

I agree whole heartedly….unless you’re selling NOS bonanza badges, or in some other way separating the unsuspecting public from there money fraudulently….
I told the same guy on Ebay the same thing. (Not Nos) He did not care !!! About defrauding Ebay Customers for his pocket !!!

Lets face it !!! We All know the Fakes That are using fake names lying about the item's they are selling or junk reproduction on Ebay on and off but i think OldMiniBikes. Is doing a Great Job Protecting the Hobby !!! They have tried to rip off fellow friends and have gotten away with it and some not. I will not do any Business with any of these people and will advise other to say away Also !!! We All know who these people are that we warn not to buy from !!!

Mini bike are like cars !!! Original Survivors and the most Desirable /Rare / Complete models appreciate the Most !!! They are the ones the True Collectors will pay up for !!! The closer to the way it was New the More Collectable it becomes !!! Do you homework. What is worth more a Rupp 24 spoke wheel or a 28 spoke ??? A Bonanza Tecumsch 5hp or a E code Hodaka ??? A 289 mustang or a Boss 429 ???

Mini bike are like cars !!! Original Survivors and the most Desirable /Rare / Complete models appreciate the Most !!! They are the ones the True Collectors will pay up for !!! The closer to the way it was New the More Collectable it becomes !!! Do you homework. What is worth more a Rupp 24 spoke wheel or a 28 spoke ??? A Bonanza Tecumsch 5hp or a E code Hodaka ??? A 289 mustang or a Boss 429 ???
If you follow the trend's once something sells for a considered high price that usually sets the new price . Especially if it is nos. Very Rare. And is original equipment to a Very High End Desirable mini bike !!! Their is what a bike is worth and there is a price on what that one part you have to have is $$$ If your hopping to get lucky and buy a nos part cheap !!! Buy it now if you can because i have never seen anything go down !!!

Lets face it !!! We All know the Fakes That are using fake names lying about the item's they are selling or junk reproduction on Ebay on and off but i think OldMiniBikes. Is doing a Great Job Protecting the Hobby !!! They have tried to rip off fellow friends and have gotten away with it and some not. I will not do any Business with any of these people and will advise other to say away Also !!! We All know who these people are that we warn not to buy from !!!
I hate when people throw around the term "NOS" when dealing with reproductions, even factory reproductions. Honda often brings back parts that people sell as NOS. I have a set of very rare oval tank badges for a Honda Z50 that say "Monkey" on them instead of "MiniTrail". They were only offered on 70-71 Z50-A K2's for the European and Asian market. Honda reproduced them in the 90's and people sell them as original NOS. Technically they are old and offered by the original manufacture but they aren't from 1970-71. One key thing to watch for is packaging and labeling, ones from 70-71 wouldn't have been sold in modern bubble pack with barcode labeling. The knock-off's on the other hand are worthless. I hate seeing knock-off's sell for near real prices, the reason why the real ones sell for what they do is because they have survived the test of time. Sure they cost about the same to produce but they haven't earned their worth. Attached are pictures of the regular "MiniTrail" badges, my original 70-71 "Monkey" badges and the last picture is of the Honda reproductions. The Honda reproductions are nice and are Honda quality but the color isn't the same, the reproductions usually sell for $400 a set, Mine, well I tried selling them for $500 for the set but they just sit there. I think the best offer I got was $250 which is less that what I paid!. The knock-off's usually sell for around $200 a set. People just don't care just as long as it looks similar and is cheaper, Me, I like REAL!.

-A2M

IMG_1696.JPG
IMG_1705.JPG

Attachments

Last edited:
Well look who’s back!, doubting another one of my listings yet again. Why oh why won’t these trolls just stay under their bridge?. Shortly after receiving multiple messages on eBay telling me Lil Indian never used studded tires, he goes on the Lil Indian Mini Bikes FB group asking if Lil Indian ever used “General” brand tires. For someone accusing another of being dishonest, he sure seems to get around!, now it seems he’s in Grand Rapids Michigan using the eBay username genuinetrust, more like genuinedonttrust to me!. How many times do I have to BLOCK this idiot from eBay, it’s getting really annoying!.

268C5ED2-58CD-411F-8E00-194E7B0093BC.jpeg
764ABE18-6F74-4C3E-A02B-FC2F7936E90F.jpeg

PatrickCraik

I recently bought some high quality parts made in Taiwan instead of china from an anonymous source because they had exactly what I want. NOS is never available when I want it. I place ads and get crickets.