Warrior Muffler (Home-made)

Not happy with my "Hotdog Muffler" on the Warrior I decided to make my own. I was cleaning up the garage and found a box (16) of old valve springs I had taken off a Small Block Chevy years ago. I always have various sized aluminized exhaust pipe laying around. It dawned on me that if I combined the two I could make a muffler. The springs were stacked and tacked. Then wrapped with a good amount of Stainless Steel Wool and all welded together. Like a mini Porter Muffler. The sound is very good. It is quiet at low speed and a deep loud tone under load.

This is what I had on there.

Parts

Parts before welding

Finished Muffler

I am missing the construction pictures I'll look and add them later.

Last edited:
I thought about trying to make a mufler like that too but you did it and proved it works!

You should make them and sell them, not much in the way of a decent exaust for these bike.

Nice job. :thumbsup: Not a muffler guy, I kinda prefer open headers but never the less you did a good job.

I got this home owners group that likes me having mufflers. I did bust through the neighborhood with straight pipe once or twice. (Wide open at 20 mph :scooter:) I think my next venture will be a down sized Flowmaster style muffler.

When I taught myself how to weld (puddle metal) I was building all kinda stuff. I have a buddy that owns a fab shop that does exhaust work too so I have a few Flowmasters that they tossed. I am amazed at what they take off because the people didn't know it would be "So loud". I would source my metal from an actual muffler and try toto keep the embossed Flowmaster name on what ever I build, just a 1/4 (give or take) scale chamber muffler. :hammer:

Last edited: