Was this exhaust only for Speedway bikes?

markus

I just picked this exhaust up cause it was too good of a deal not to, they had it listed as fox and even have it scribbled on the masking tape wrapped around it which I have never seen but I guess it could maybe be pulled off :shrug: Anyway I am pretty sure its for a Speedway but was it specific only to them?

its just the 6 hole short hot dog muff that the slash cut pipe slips over, runs under the seat. Its actually in way better shape than their description so that was quite a bonus and will clean up well!! It pretty much puts the outlet the same as a stock tecumseh angled exhaust I have that I guess is "universal", bends are a little different but they end up in about the same place.

CarPlayLB

I got no idea what it fits, but it is bada$$ !

...and if Markus don't know, we'll have to go on TV to "Unsolved Mysteries":eek:ut:

markus

I got no idea what it fits, but it is bada$$ !
it is pretty cool, I've got it soaking right now.....see if it comes clean, not pitted up some it may look presentable as is! It needs a new muff on the end as this one is torn from somebody trying to do something with it? It came with an NOS white one for replacement but I have a chrome one around here somewhere that I modded the flange on that I hope to use as the replacement.....I just gotta find the dam thing :doah:

markus

You know markus i noticed the weld at the muffler is just as ugly as mine! I guess they came that way!!
yea it looks like all they did was either get the muff manufacturer to spot weld on non threaded coupler or simply grind or cut off the threaded end of one and shoved it in the end of the pipe. The tec and taylor muffs arent like that so I am guessing if it is speedway only they may have done it themselves.

you can see what I mean in this pic with them next to each other, that weld line is right at the end of the threads (and after cutting I can see the junction goes into the pipe some)....I also dug out a chrome one that been modded a little, It was hack modded onto some wierd junk header I bought a long time ago, I tapped it for the pipe thread and used it as a test pipe running engines on the stand. It didn't give me any problems but I kinda felt it would loosen up if run on a bike so I'll just use it for this pipe!

turn this into a build thread :scared:

Armed with my portable sawzall and a chisel I cut the damaged muff off and them popped the remaining spot welds off

did some filing to the spot welded remnants and got it hammered on:

I think since the chrome is not going to come out super nice I will work that "ugly" factory weld down and smooth it out and then instead of spot welding the new muff on I will run a bead line around that seam. It will still have a factory look and the muff will be in the same location :thumbsup: