water pipe exhaust

i've seen engines with water pipe elbows to redirect exhaust, is this a no-no? threads the same? ghetto is ok with me if it will work:laugh:

Kinda like a rifle barrel , you can't get max fps out of a 20" barrel as you would out of a 24" barrel , the tight elbows obviously have some restrictions on the exhaust flow which is OK if the pipe is not too long ! If it seems to run well you should be OK ! We put elbows on side poppers all the time , I do use the 1/2 to 3/4 fitting to open up the flow a bit !

markus

i've seen engines with water pipe elbows to redirect exhaust, is this a no-no? threads the same? ghetto is ok with me if it will work:laugh:
A fair amount of the time they used basically "street elbows" from the factory to direct hot dog muffs or even slip together exhausts. Granted if you compare some of them with one you pick up today from a plumbing supply it make look a little thinner and not say china on it but for the most part thats what they were. Just remember if your going elaborate with a bunch of connections and long run you probably want to support it at a secondary point, the threads on the block are soft.

For a touch of class finish it off with a soup can muffler :thumbsup:

A fair amount of the time they used basically "street elbows" from the factory to direct hot dog muffs or even slip together exhausts. Granted if you compare some of them with one you pick up today from a plumbing supply it make look a little thinner and not say china on it but for the most part thats what they were. Just remember if your going elaborate with a bunch of connections and long run you probably want to support it at a secondary point, the threads on the block are soft.

now your talkin:eek:

That's what I would do, street elbows work great! Do I spy a bicycle generator on the back wheel?