Way off topic but might be good to know

I was sitting here watching law and order svu and I got to actually thinking about how messed up the show portrays some people to be. Anyway the show mentions how easy it is to use the internet to find out stuff on our neighbors, friends, coworkers and the like. Soo I do a simple search and instantly come across a site called familywatchdog so I check it out. Good god.
Just in my little neck of the woods there are people on there I know/went to school with, partied with-you get the picture.
Might be something of interest to all of us just to do a check in your area.

Might be something of interest to all of us just to do a check in your area.
There's also a mandated website under Megan's Law for every community in the US. That's where your site gets the information from. That law varies from state to state, although a Federal law mandates sex offenders register with officials.

But use these tools with a grain of salt. In the military, I ran across a few troops who were serving on waivers because they'd been convicted of being a sex offender. (Sex with a minor)

A High School Senior of 18 has sex with his 17 year old girl friend, her Daddy finds out, calls the cop, and bam. Instant sex offender for the rest of his life, with mandatory registration for the rest of his life.

Take a piss at a party, someone gets angry and calls the cops. Bam, indecent exposure, and a registered sex offender. And so it goes.

We can never go back now to a time when we had privacy or our information was not catagolged and easy to sift.

Yes this bothers me.
I know it can be used in ways I am not comfortable with today and I don;t know how it could be used tomorrow.
I also do not see any curbs on the growth of big data

There is not question at all in my mind that somewhere there is a file opened when I post a phot like this and it gets anaylised.

Maybe its just a computure file that never gets seen by human eyes.
But I think I am now in the 1% that CSEC and the NSA stores.
Question is is for how long and what is ever done with it.

Now a photo like this.
Does somethign different.

Its shows you people I know, a places where I was, and connects me to organised labour and politics.
[IMG I chose to delete this photo from the post but its some guys on a picket line[/IMG]

I have no control over this now.
I t has been out there a long time and I can not make it go away

My son too, now he is involved....
I lost control of this picture too, and he will forever be connected with that and everything I type if someone went to the trouble to really connect all the dots.

What happens to this data and will it effect my son

Big brother aside.
What does this tell Google
Will this be used to in a consumer profile.
Will my employer see it ( They do have files on me, but do the search the net because of union activity ).
SO many questions.

Last edited:
There's also a mandated website under Megan's Law for every community in the US. That's where your site gets the information from. That law varies from state to state, although a Federal law mandates sex offenders register with officials.

But use these tools with a grain of salt. In the military, I ran across a few troops who were serving on waivers because they'd been convicted of being a sex offender. (Sex with a minor)

A High School Senior of 18 has sex with his 17 year old girl friend, her Daddy finds out, calls the cop, and bam. Instant sex offender for the rest of his life, with mandatory registration for the rest of his life.

Take a piss at a party, someone gets angry and calls the cops. Bam, indecent exposure, and a registered sex offender. And so it goes.
I have a friend that happened to.:doah: The megans law is pretty good if you know the details of the person. A while back I get home from work and 2 cops are at my door. They asked to be invited in:shrug: OK, so they go on to hand me all these papers and tell me that a sex offender has moved into my neighborhood. They gave me all the information on the guy and told me I was not aloud to discuss it with anyone. Kinda scarey. I also had to sign a paper that I received the information from the police department. I use to see the guy around all the time, but not lately. Think I'll check on that:laugh:

I had to hear it from Street Outlaw's Tall Paul that 15 chesters were moved into the skanky apartment complex across 10th street from his shop. The cops came and told him but not a homeowner little more than a block from his shop on the same side of 10th. I called the police station and they eventually sent a representative as well as letters to the surrounding neighbors. I filed a complaint as well for having to hear it from a business owner who's kids do not play around here. I see the bastards in their thrift store duds walking by and have told several that if I catch them looking at my daughter that I'd kill em, I know it's them because my dogs mouths bleed from biting the fence trying to get em. If a regular citizen wanks by they bark and then lay down. Kids and dogs know who the bad guys are, if your kid and dog do not like a person you best pay attention and investigate them. I have the cure for what ails their sick minds, always thinking up new ones though.