Weak link on Clones!

vette66_00

What are the weak links ( internals ) on the Honda clones?
Springs , flywheel piston ??
The weak link in a Honda Clone is the one turning the screw. If you keep it stock it will last for a very long time without failure.

I am the weakest link in my clone but I prepared for the abuse.

vette66_00

On the flywheel,, does it break or come off?
Better replacement flywheel anywhere? For 6.5 clone.
What are the weak links ( internals ) on the Honda clones?
Springs , flywheel piston ??
Ok what will break first!

There is a reason there are stickys at the top of the threads. Please take the time to read them. They are full of tons of answers to 90% of the questions.

Here is the STICKY on the flywheel and rod problems with pictures if you have doubts.
http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/h...nor-your-engine-OldMiniBikes-please-read.html

Tried to get you the video this morning. My drive to work today.
I'm the weak link too,,,, cant tell you how many things I've broke on this toy.... trying to hold the camera and shift. LOL
[YOUTUBE]YouTube - IMG 0593

The weak link in a Honda Clone is the one turning the screw. If you keep it stock it will last for a very long time without failure.

I am the weakest link in my clone but I prepared for the abuse.

Last edited:
Actually I read the sticky on flywheels, which prompted me to ask about the other weak links.

Then I was asking questions about the flywheel to act interested until someone pointed out some other weak links.

Then the thread got hijacked(kind of) so I sent you a vid. of my car. LOL

Ive been reading and searching alot. May have found another Doodle bug!
Got the last one for 200 cause pep boys had it jacked up. Academy Sports has one they can get to run.

Sorry about all the questions but getting the fever. would like to have several minis so when people and kids come to visit we could break out the bikes

There is a reason there are stickys at the top of the threads. Please take the time to read them. They are full of tons of answers to 90% of the questions.

Here is the STICKY on the flywheel and rod problems with pictures if you have doubts.
http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/h...nor-your-engine-OldMiniBikes-please-read.html

Dont take this the wrong way, but..... If you spent as much time reading as you do posting threads, you would know all the answers to every question you have asked. :hammer: Now get to work....You have alot of reading to do :p

Yea posted 5 threads for the week!
Take this the right way,, can you answer the question posted on this thread.

Dont take this the wrong way, but..... If you spent as much time reading as you do posting threads, you would know all the answers to every question you have asked. :hammer: Now get to work....You have alot of reading to do :p

C9H13NO3

Yea posted 5 threads for the week!
Take this the right way,, can you answer the question posted on this thread.
OH snap....

The weak link in a clone besides the rod + flywheel is the bolts and the block. The bolts will flex causing warping and the block will deform over time, since the metal is very porous compared to a Gen - u - wine Honda block. If you have ever looked at both side by side, the difference is amazing.

Thanks. Any clone preferred over another?
OH snap....

The weak link in a clone besides the rod + flywheel is the bolts and the block. The bolts will flex causing warping and the block will deform over time, since the metal is very porous compared to a Gen - u - wine Honda block. If you have ever looked at both side by side, the difference is amazing.