weather

Back in the days when I was working as a HVAC contractor the worst weather was Freezing Rain and heat pumps would get all iced up. The weather in Astoria, Oregon forecasts snow flurries and freezing rain. But I will stay inside and let it happen.

Ice in SF bay area !! o_O
Am originally from the bay area, & remember that the average temps around there this time of year, was 60* f or so …..
It'll get in the high 20s-low 30s at night here (cold enough to have to scrape the windows). The coldest I've personally seen was 14° in Moraga many years ago. Seen it lightly snow there too.

Daytime temps are usually in the 50°-60° range here this time of the year.

I74

Here is a couple of pics I just took this morning ..
First, is of one of the piles @ the end of my drive.
2nd,, is of the path on my deck.

Looks like we are in for another 3 day round next week ,that's brewing off the west coast at the moment.

''Getting really sick of this shit''!! :confused: 100_5262.JPG 100_5263.JPG

delray

Here is a couple of pics I just took this morning ..
First, is of one of the piles @ the end of my drive.
2nd,, is of the path on my deck.

Looks like we are in for another 3 day round next week ,that's brewing off the west coast at the moment.

''Getting really sick of this shit''!! :confused: View attachment 240666 View attachment 240667
well I might have you beat. my parents live the city and there starting to run out of room.

dad got a ohv briggs on a single stage blower. for some reason it was set at only 3200+ factory. glad I reset it at 3700+ this last fall. now it really blows snow.....;)

delray

someone had fun the other night and took out my mail box.

funny thing I notes last week I needed to replace the plastic post that slips over the 4x4. there was a bad spot below the box that was cracking.

well now I am going to have fun with them the next time they do it. for now I fab up a make shift post and box to this 1/4 thick(heavy) steel stool I had laying around.

I was hoping they would come back the next night. there going to be in for a big surprise when they hit it now and that heavy steel go's tumbling under their car. no i don't care if someone trys to come back and bitch. they won't, 99.9 percent people that do hit and run's try to leave the seen....:scooter:

and yes this is related to the weather. notes I don't have any big snow piles around my driveway. it all gets blown away with my john deere and my 40" two stage berco snow blower unit. only little bit around my mail box...:rolleyes:

I74

From watching the Nat. live radars, it looks like the stuff that just barely misses us,, generally ends up in your neck of the woods.
They have been clipping mail boxes left & right here also, especially on the main & county roads.

I74

Added,
did your Dad get the newer Briggs model 208cc OHV - 22 inch single stage, that has a dark greyish/silver shroud ?
Those are awesome !!

delray

Added,
did your Dad get the newer Briggs model 208cc OHV - 22 inch single stage, that has a dark greyish/silver shroud ?
Those are awesome !!
yes, I believe it is. the unit it self said briggs on it. also I notes it has a different head design then the animal/intek heads. this one is more like a honda/clone. starting to wonder if they have bearings on the crank? might be a good hotrod engine someday.....:scooter:

delray

In the 70's today in South Louisiana , Oak trees are about in full bloom already !
I remember going to florida in february when I was younger and everything was starting to bloom down there too. made my winter go quick after coming back from the warm weather. now when I go down to Gulfport ms in june it's already so hot you have to stay inside with the air on. man that really sucks living in those conditions. maybe by early evening you can go outside for little bit and that go's on for months in the far south area's.

I remember going to florida in february when I was younger and everything was starting to bloom down there too. made my winter go quick after coming back from the warm weather. now when I go down to Gulfport ms in june it's already so hot you have to stay inside with the air on. man that really sucks living in those conditions. maybe by early evening you can go outside for little bit and that go's on for months in the far south area's.
Indeed it does , the heat factor is for real , lol !!