Weiner Pipe

2SlickNick

Hey guys,

I am needing some help on exhaust pipes.

I have been working on my DB 30 trike build for my wife and need an exhaust. My wife wanted the stock muffler because it is quiet. I made a custom TC mounting plate to house my 7" driven and I don't have a lot of clearance from exhaust to top of frame. ( see pic ).

I thought I might be able to cut and flip stock exhaust but it will burn her leg if I do that.

I can't go under seat because my fuel tank is there ( don't want exhaust on fuel tank).

Then I saw on OldMiniBikes the weenie pipe and it looks like it will be a good solution because of the bend and a muffler attachment. but they are out of stock. If any has one I am curious of the overall height from flange is on the weiner pipe.

I guess I could order you weld set but it does not include the threaded end for a muffler.

What do you guys think? View attachment 70140 View attachment 70140

I would mount that tank on the motor where the stock tank was, and use a standard header.

Only other thing I can think of is a custom header.

Nick, this is what I have ...I used the flange for another header. You can have this for free ..If ya just pay the shipping.

They can be bought for lawn mowers at hardware shops. Make sure you get the right size. I bought a similar one for my Tec HS 40, and I think it was less than $5.

I've made pipes like that from the stock flange and a 90 degree conduit bend from home Depot. Then weld on a female black pipe fitting for the muffler. Total cost Maybe 10 bucks. The 90 can be cut so it lays nice and flat like in the picture above

2SlickNick

Thanks Eric!

Even though I was looking at the " U " shaped weenie pipe, I will just use the above pipe. I will just add it the the existing flange and position it accordingly to fit my application.

Thanks for the help guys.

I think it should be somewhat muffled with that screw on muffler.

I had to refabricate the header after I installed the under seat fuel tank. They say nothing about exhaust issues or clearances. I cut it in 4 different sections and bends and finally welded it to this simple route.

2SlickNick

I got the pipe; thanks again Eric.
I see why they call it a weenie pipe. I thought it was going to be bigger... " That's what she said. ":laugh:

Any ways I think it will work out just right. I will buy one of these mufflers.

The one there now is an open muffler. I will need the smaller on the left or the pancake muffler that is for a 2-4 hp. those should be more restrictive to quite it up some for the wife. I won"t get a chance to work on it until Monday. It shouldn't matter that these mufflers are for a 2-4hp right?

2SlickNick

What do you guys think? To close?
It is running down the frame and is pointed on the edge of fuel tank 3 inches away :(
If too close for comfort, I am going to see about putting a spout on the end to aim it away more.

2SlickNick

Good Idea Nick..yea turn the exhaust out, and maybe wrap the header.
I tried welding a spout on the muffler and I burned right through it:doah:

so...I went and bought a 90 degree pipe bend and welded that to it. Problem solved - I did wrap it too:thumbsup:. It muffles pretty good and meets the wife's approval, as far as not being too loud. The muffler is for a 2-4hp.

Last edited:
:thumbsup: haha..as long as the wife approves, Its OK . :thumbsup:

And make sure she doesn't burn her leg ! :scared:

Last edited: