Went for an unplanned ride .. 2 pics ...

Our bud Mike got a new Puma last night so Tom and I rode our minis over to his house to say hi ... its 85 and humid so we thought there would be a crowd there in his pool. Nope, just him, wife was gone ...

So we cruised the neighborhood for a couple hours ...
Here is a Map of our playground .. 28th to the north, 44th to the south, Burlingame to the west and Clyde Park to the east ...
https://www.google.com/maps/@42.897927,-85.6984593,14.04z

Mike learned that a TAV will be his next purchase.
Mikes new bike is on the left in the following pic. It looks like a TAV cover but its just the standard Baja jack shaft setup hiding underneath it.
The Puma, Toms MTD, the Hilltopper and one of Uncle Sam's WWII Tanks in front of the armory.

That was a good time!.......Fortunantly for us we did not cross paths with the Wyoming PD in our travels, spent a couple hours cruising the neighborhoods..................:thumbsup:................Tom.

Yes it was fun .. at one point all 3 of us were lined up in the left turn lane in a busy intersection ... we were grinning like stupid kids ...
Beekeeper took out his coveted Wildrat out ...

It ran great till the black exhaust pipe broke its welds ... so we scooted back home and swapped it out for the MTD.

The Hilltopper developed a flat ... looked like it ran over a nail then pulled right back out ... our answer? Put a screw in the hole! I'm never away from an air compressor more than 4 or 5 hours tops so we were good to go!
The new points coupled with the new carb & air filter made for a very smooth motor .... no more popping and sputtering randomly.
The motor seems a little weaker than on my other Hilltopper, Maybe a new set of rings would help? No biggie, just being fussy.
I think the TAV belt is getting worn tho ... it slips then catches ... I have a spare ....
The little "pouch" mounted on the Hilltopper's handlebars will hold some tools and a spare belt ... hmmm ... might have to load it up ... maybe a little 1st aid stuff would be a good idea .... we do tend to ride far and wide.

Mike rode his new Puma (with a pic of a Rhino on the faux tank?) .. he found that it is way to slow ... it seems to have low end tho ... it looks to be a very comfortable bike for someone with, as Buckeye would say ... "old man back" ... which Mike and myself do have!
TAV that dog up and he will be rockin'!

I own a Gold Wing, and I am here to say I enjoy riding the minis more ... likely because its always with friends and there is a slight element of danger involved, makes you feel alive!

So whens the next ride!!

Ding Ding

I too was out riding in the steam yesterday. Such a great way to stay cool/cool off. Especially going 35+ mph with shorts on...breezy!