what are you listening to v.2.0

Robin Trower - Go My Way (album)

I couldn't find the individual tracks that I want to post but found this CD rip upload. Check out these tracks.
Too Much Joy (22:47) vocals: Trower
Into Dust (12:36) vocals: Richard Watts
In My Dreams (45:59) vocals: Trower

Last edited:

I74

Robert Plant - ''Thru with two step'' - Principle of moments,1983.

This song makes me shed a tear when I listen to it. ''Lot's of memories'',, & I think Robert Plant wrote this for John Bonham.....

Saw this concert in 83' in Denver.
It was awesome with Phil Collins on drums,, & one of the best light shows I ever seen.

Played to this whole album on Bass last eve.

Robert Plant - ''Thru with two step'' - Principle of moments,1983.

This song makes me shed a tear when I listen to it. ''Lot's of memories'',, & I think Robert Plant wrote this for John Bonham.....

Saw this concert in 83' in Denver.
It was awesome with Phil Collins on drums,, & one of the best light shows I ever seen.

Played to this whole album on Bass last eve.

Ennio Morricone - Spaghetti Westerns Music

1. Man with a Harmonica
2. The Good The Bad and The Ugly
3. The Ecstasy of Gold (feat. Edda dell'Orso)
4. A Fistful of Dollars - Main Theme
5. My Name is Nobody
6. Once Upon a Time in the West (feat. Edda dell'Orso)
7. A Fistful of Dynamite (feat. Edda dell'Orso)
8. A Fistful of Dollars - Version 2
9. Watch Chimes - Carillion's Theme
10. For a Few Dollars More
11. The Sundown
12. The Wild Horde
13. Face to Face - Titles
14. Chase
15. Tepepa viva la revolucion
16. Un monumento
17. L'arena
18. Canto a mia tierra
19. Libertà
20. Run Man Run - Titles
21. Father Ramirez
22. La messicana
23. The Trio (Extended Version)
24. La loro patria
25. Ricciolo
26. Rosita
27. To El Paso
28. Il Pinguino

race

Robin Trower - Roads to Freedom

Trower on guitar
James Dewar on bass and vocals
Bill Lordan on drums

I sense you are a big Robin Trower fan.

Are you familiar with his work with Procol Harum? I always felt that he had a great, original style with them. The sunburst Les Paul tone with that silky smooth vibrato. I don't know why he so radically changed his style when he left the group. Like many, I always felt he became a bit of a Hendrix clone ... complete with Fender Strat.

Check his work - and tone - on these two tracks from Procol Harum's Home album:

I sense you are a big Robin Trower fan.

Are you familiar with his work with Procol Harum? I always felt that he had a great, original style with them. The sunburst Les Paul tone with that silky smooth vibrato. I don't know why he so radically changed his style when he left the group. Like many, I always felt he became a bit of a Hendrix clone ... complete with Fender Strat.

Check his work - and tone - on these two tracks from Procol Harum's Home album:
What was your first clue? ;)

Yes, he is one of my favorite guitarists and, yes, I know of his work with Procol Harum. As great as Trower was with PH, I am not a big PH fan (maybe if I could remove Booker's vocals and piano...), I much prefer Trower's post-PH work. I see the comments on YouTube of people who say he copies Hendrix. Was he influenced by Hendrix? Sure, along with every other rock guitarist. IMO, Trower simply became himself (doing what he wanted to do) after Proco Harum, and he's still doing it at 75.