What do I have, Year? What did it come off of?

markus

I think its a H50 with a V50 cover on it.
any trick to getting the crank cover off, its unbolted but wont come off, hate to pry it off!
Yes, the V50 was a vertical engine and configured differently. when taking it apart best bet would be to measure the bore and stroke and compare it to the specs of of the H40-H60 sizes to be sure what it really is as those engines all look the same externally.

On the crankshaft, because it is ball bearing supported there are bearing locks on the cover as the bearing a press fit on the shaft. The 2 small studs with nuts at 2 o'clock and 8 o'clock on the perimeter of the shaft seal on the cover have to be loosened up and then the turned out of the way. Loosen up the nut with a socket and then turn the one at 2 o'clock clockwise about a 1/4 turn and the one at 8 counterclockwise about a 1/4 turn...they have little offset feet on them inside the engine that hold around the edge of the bearing. they have a little flat spot on the end of the stud, you can use like needle nose to grab a twist them.

I think this is a H60. Is it a good engine? The crank is ball bearing supported, good or bad? Is it worth finding a new block and rebuilding. I have $0 in this one. H50 better? Looking to put this in a Minibike. Is there any markings on the block that will help I.D. this?

Looks like the H50 / H60 block to me to . Bore and stroke you've listed shows it to be an H60 though .
Here's an H50 stroker I'm building with an H60 crank shaft .

I think this is a H60. Is it a good engine? The crank is ball bearing supported, good or bad? Is it worth finding a new block and rebuilding. I have $0 in this one. H50 better? Looking to put this in a Minibike. Is there any markings on the block that will help I.D. this?
Yes, that is a good engine, and well worth repairing. I have many of those H series engines..The ball bearing crank is very good and is actually desired for mini bike applications. Looks like that engine is complete so if the crank is ok I’d say find a block on eBay and build it up...blocks are plentiful yet.. I always look for the snowblower engine blocks as they are usually in best shape..
A well tuned H60 on a mini is hoot to ride!

thumbnail_IMG_20181224_103153618
by David Shupe, on Flickr

thumbnail_IMG_20181224_102513007
by David Shupe, on Flickr

So far, so good. everything looks good. Crank is in good shape. It has a lightened piston (skirt broke!!) for more HP. Wrist pin is locked up on the rod. Looking for a new block. Any help would be great!
I don't have any bare blocks at the moment but H50's and H60's had the same bore size (2-5/8") so that opens the field up a bit on finding one.
below is a link to what looks to be a real nice one on eBay. It's listed as an H50, but looking at it I think it may have been an H60, or a service replacement block as it has the cast in boss for a mechanical fuel pump.. A little more than I like to pay but if you are into yours for nothing it's worth considering..prices keep climbing on these motors... Also, by looking at it, the valves and that area look real nice too....

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335845805&icep_item=152789116316

Thanks STUDEMAN68, what about the HH60, cast Iron with bearings on the cam and crank. Pros and Cons? Going in my next mini bike build. Another member has a Tecumseh Billet rod I might pick up.

Thanks STUDEMAN68, what about the HH60, cast Iron with bearings on the cam and crank. Pros and Cons? Going in my next mini bike build. Another member has a Tecumseh Billet rod I might pick up.
Those are pretty much the same but they are cast iron and very,very heavy..more suited for a garden tractor... too heavy for Mini Bike use..The one in the link I sent you is an aluminum block with a steel cylinder sleeve from the looks of it.. Looks like OND found you a couple more examples as well...I'd stick with the aluminum block...