What do I have?

kayde

How could you go wrong.

A very cool bike, a lucky find and cheap.

Consider that a 50 buck entry fee to a ride that lasts for years.

Best part is you can make it a mild or wild ride

Would love an info in regards to parts by chance? I'm curious what chain size it might be and if/or I can order a newer sprocket.

Itype2slo

40 or 41 chain. looks like an E from the taillight bracket. It has a short brake from an earlier powell. The sprocket looks good enough they are the rear rim and hard to come by. Nice score sell the rupp tank and use the funds to buy a cheap motor,

40 or 41 chain. looks like an E from the taillight bracket. It has a short brake from an earlier powell. The sprocket looks good enough they are the rear rim and hard to come by. Nice score sell the rupp tank and use the funds to buy a cheap motor,
Honestly the more I read into these bikes the more I realize I might not actually want it. I'm over 'projects' at this point and with parts super hard to come by I'm not really feeling putting much effort into this little guy.

Honestly the more I read into these bikes the more I realize I might not actually want it. I'm over 'projects' at this point and with parts super hard to come by I'm not really feeling putting much effort into this little guy.
Where are you located...I see now Kansas.

Are you willing to ship ?

And how much are you asking.

Please consider me in line

"What do I have" is an adequate group title, so, I brought this home today Any ideas? I do remember rope pull starts, but today Ryan Courts at Power Bee said this via e-mail...

I wanted to provide you with a quick update regarding your recent inquiries about the vintage West Bend 580's and 700's.

I’ve restored list of 580’s, and 700’s like yours…. unfortunately, I must inform you that I no longer work on these particular models. The main reason for this is the difficulty in sourcing parts, which haven't been produced for decades. When they do appear, they're often highly priced due to their rarity.

While it's true that certain parts such as seals, gaskets, and reeds can still be purchased, other components are much more challenging to find. Particularly, if an engine block is significantly corroded, there's a good chance it'll have issues like pitting on the crankshaft or a rusted connecting rod. Rings are hard to come by, and pistons are even more elusive.

I understand the passion for restoring these classics, and I wish you the best of luck with your hunt for parts. In fact, I'd encourage you to join my Facebook Group "Power Bee Engine Performance & Fun". It's a community of fellow enthusiasts and collectors where you can post your needs. Who knows? There might be a kind-hearted collector who has a spare piston they're willing to part with!

I'm truly sorry for any inconvenience this might cause, and thank you for your understanding.

Best wishes,

Ryan Courts
www.PowerBeeEngine.com

Attachments