what is it? Terra Floater?

First off im new to the forum, just wanted to introduce myself and see what this little gem is that i bought. My names Casey and i was up in northern Wisconsin and it was sitting in the back of a shed at a yard sale, so i inquired about it and a few seconds later i was loading it in the truck. I dont have any experience with these, so if parts are not available i will be more than likely selling it. Im hoping you guys can help, Heres a few pictures!! thanks!!
I do have a few extra parts that are not shown on the bike. any info or leads to info would be GREATLY appreciated.

Last edited:
ok, thats one step in the right direction. now where could i go about finding parts for this thing? i looked on google and just about every link came to this site. Is there any where i could look to find more info?

jeep4me

Very nice find! And, welcome to the forum.

I have had a couple of these floaters, currently still have one. But I didn't know that they produced one with that type of engine. I have only ever seen them with Tecumseh's.

jeep4me

I'm not sure how to tell the year of these bikes without an orginal Tec engine on it. Yours look like it has the original engine, but was probably towards the end of the minibike production period for Terra. I think they only made minibikes for 5 or 6 years, 1969-1974 or 75. This was during the farming industry crash. Terra made soil testing equipment and when the farming industry slowed to a halt in the late 60's thru the early 70's, Terra starting making balloon tired minibikes to sell to the farmers. The idea behind the big tires was to allow the farmer to get out into the feilds and test their soils, with Terra's soil testing kits. The fat tires would keep them from getting stuck. They made different racks that would mount to the front and rear of the bike so the farmer could carry the kits with them.

Terra had a couple different frame designs in their big bikes, and yours is the later design. I have the earlier frame style, but had one with the later style frame.