What is it?

I’m getting ready to upgrade to a 212cc engine on this one. It has the two speed set up. Would anybody know what rpm would be recommended for front clutch and jack shaft clutch for maximum performance?

Okay Keaster I’m going to attempt this. That’s not a torque converter. That’s a backyard engineered belt tightening disaster. A torque converter would be like a snowmobile clutch where the belt tightens up as centrifugal force pushes the clutch drum out and transfers power to the rear pulley. You need to look into a centrifugal clutch design for use with a belt. They work differently than a snowmobile clutch. The belt is always tight enough to transmit power but it doesn’t happen until rpm’s increase and the pucks spread and contact the clutch drum and thereby turn the belt. Riding that the way it’s setup I would not recommend. I don’t know what company the frame is from and you would be much better served to start your own thread than by jumping in to someone else’s. Good luck and I hope this helps you. This is only my opinion and someone else may have a better idea for you.

What Ginz61 said above^^^^^ especially the part about starting your own thread. It is not cool to derail the original poster's thread.
Michael
I'm sorry about jumping in on someone else thread. If a admin can delete this I will start my own. I'm old and don't like using phones to post things. The one time I do I broke the Internet

So. After tearing into this 1971 sears roper I found out it’s a two speed. The previous owner was not utilizing the second clutch on the jack shaft. I would like to put it back to a two speed though. The double sprocket clutch on the engine seems to be in good condition but I am going to have to rebuild the jack shaft. Would anybody know what size rpm clutch would be recommended for the “2nd gear” on the jack shaft?