What is this? Bought it for CHEAP!!!

75$ got four tires..new seat rear fender.....still has the original KillSwitch!!!:wink: I have been posting a lot but that's because I've Been buying a lot!
:thumbsup: well here it is

Last edited:
Your right kart kid.....looked at the bird bikes same frame...got an idea of the age? Roughly guy I got it from said he had a collection of mini bikes, but wouldn't sell me anymore..but said he's had it for 10 years an he got it from his buddy who re-welded the frame 30 some years ago so he says....

Nice..yeh started stripping it down, had to grease up the axles just to get me out! Ether I broke a spacer or the bearing......looks like I'll be buying new rims...got some nice old school Good year tires, Gunnar look sweet I'll keep picture up as I go...I'm thinking orange like general lee

I love the little Bird built machines, I've had several and wish I had kept a couple. Originally it would have had a 2.5 to 3.5hp Tecumseh depending on the options, the briggs will be a tough fit with the big tank but the HS50 Tecumseh will fit fine given it's physically the same size as the original. OldMiniBikes warehouse sells replacement brake pads for these bikes, the reason the rebar was added is that those aluminum scrub brakes get glazed over and sometimes fail to stop where you intend. See the "high speed forks" thread in the photo collections section and you will see many Bird bikes with the forks smacked back due to the inability to stop. I would still run one but would add a lever on the bars to actuate a clutch brake which can be easily made for Tecumseh or other 4 bolt pattern PTO covers and they stop on a dime. Plenty of threads on clutch brakes and having two braking options is sweet and much safer for the kiddos.:thumbsup:

I love the little Bird built machines, I've had several and wish I had kept a couple. Originally it would have had a 2.5 to 3.5hp Tecumseh depending on the options, the briggs will be a tough fit with the big tank but the HS50 Tecumseh will fit fine given it's physically the same size as the original. OldMiniBikes warehouse sells replacement brake pads for these bikes, the reason the rebar was added is that those aluminum scrub brakes get glazed over and sometimes fail to stop where you intend. See the "high speed forks" thread in the photo collections section and you will see many Bird bikes with the forks smacked back due to the inability to stop. I would still run one but would add a lever on the bars to actuate a clutch brake which can be easily made for Tecumseh or other 4 bolt pattern PTO covers and they stop on a dime. Plenty of threads on clutch brakes and having two braking options is sweet and much safer for the kiddos.:thumbsup:
Great info outlaw
I have two bird bike myself. Very cool bike.

Yeh i like me...I'll start a new thread in the project section pictures as i go ..striped down to the metal pictures pictures pictures :thumbsup:

markus

What can you guys tell me about this? I don't really know how to Understand the age date..serial numbers
alot of times they dont make much much sence, maybe to Bird, but they are long gone. That bike would be later 70's maybe even into the 80's. 5" 2 piece wheels, steel brake shoe, id plate tacked to tree.......Judding by brochure dates thanks to member Dick DeBuse it would be post 1976

something like a sprite or falcon with the removable front plate:

1979 sprite specs:

Later version 1983 "falcon"

Thanks for the help...bummer tho yeh the rims it came with I'm thinking are the original ones they are sterols and the brand of the tires are vintage..I forgot the brand got me down stairs...but the wheels are :censure: gunna have tote some other ones idk or re paint..I've got a tec 3.5 not a old one..well I guess it's old but one of the newer models..to put on the bird...I'd like an old school motor tho:thumbsup: