what is this bracket

anyone know what this bracket is for on a fox doodle bug. it looks factory but not sure. i was thinking it might be for a disc brake, did they come with disc brakes? cant find a photo of one like it.

125ccCrazy

caliper bracket so you can use the sprocket as a brake rotor.. The bolt pattern looks fairly big like a kart style cable caliper.

so do i mount the caliper to this bracket or do i need something else? the mounting holes on the bracket are 1 5/8 inches apart. i have 5/8 inch between sprocket and tire and 1 inch between sprocket and bracket. the only one i have found so far is at gokartparts.com, p/n 4-9952 for a scooter. my main concern is will the chain clear the brake pads and will the caliper rub the tire. if you have a setup like this lead me in the right direction.

richs

the chain should clear just finebut did you get a wheel with enough clearence between the sprocket and the rim I can get a pict tomarrow of my daughters fox sprite:drinkup:

Here's the disc brake set up on the Fox "1138 Sprite" I'm currently working on...

While not a Doodle Bug, the set up is very similar.

mardyn

i have a 72 tooth sprocket so its bigger,and the caliper will be at the side wall on the tire, not that it matters as long as i can get the caliper between the sprocket and tire. how much room do you have between the sprocket and wheel on your sprite? where did you get your disc brake? i want to make sure it will work before i order one.

richs

how do you know its bigger ? I have about a 1 1/4 space between the rim and sprocket if you dont have that much room go to plan b do you have a way to put a drum brake on if not go to plan c use a clutch brake if not go to plan d get a new damn wheel with a brake that will work on your bike you can only be so cheap :thefinger:

richs, why do you have to be rude. have you been unemployed for 6 months and cant find a job that pays better than minimum wage. i was just trying to find out if it would work so i wouldnt spend money for nothing. my original plan was to use a clutch brake so maybe i will go with that. anyway all you smart asses on this forum can kiss my ass.