What is this? Old yeller?

Found this today on Craigslist. Looking for some info. I could not pass this one up with the jack shaft. Motor plate looks like it could accommodate a larger motor since it has two sets of mounting holes.

buckeye

Fffffffoooooooxxxxxxx! That's a dandy too. Jackshat and all. I am at a loss what model. Has the wheels like my Sprite and Campus. Must be early 70's late 60's. Gonna say a Doodlebug?
Wheere is my mentor Ogy????
Nice bike. You can make it purdy.

Thanks for the info. The back wheel is not too purdy. From the pics I can find the back wheel should not have this brake setup? Does anyone know for sure the correct brake setup for old yeller?

Seems like the sprocket is a ways from the rim...
They say your the authority on Fox's so I will have to agree.
Ok, now any leads on pads for the brakes, a kickstand, and where can I score some footpegs. I have to do some welding prior to one of the pegs going on, seems as though someone hit a stationary object!!!

buckeye

No I am not the expert at nuttin.
Ogy is the king of Foxes.
Footpegs matbe from Scottessy. Let me look a bit closer.
The kickstand not sure. Markg is a pretty good guy too. He has a few and also knows a ton. He and Ogy have helped me tremendously.

buckeye

Brake break down courtesy of Markg.

Pads might be had from OldMiniBikes Warehouse. Might have to trim them down a bit.

Dear smwxxxxxx, My guess is that you've got yourself a Fox Trail Bug there. Here are the reasons why I think so. As a rule the Fox Sprite's were the cheap end of the Fox lineup and did not have a jackshaft and they used a scrub brake. I think we can eliminate the Sprite. The Doodlebugs did have a jackshaft but they also had front suspension. Your front does not appear to have suspension. That's why I eliminated the Doodlebug. The Trail Bug however, had a jackshaft and a rigid front end. In addition it came with two types of brakes. The earlier ones had drum brakes while the later models came with disc brakes. The metal bracket welded across the rear portion of the top frame rails puts yours into the middle to late sixties. The defining characteristic of the Trail Bug was the fact that it used big oversized 14" tires. In the pictures your tires appear to be oversized. How about reading the numbers on the sidewalls and let us know what you find. I'll be curious as to what you find. Ogy