What is this?

I thought those are rear axle mounts on the back. I was thinking maybe it was modified at some point in its life. It also has the jack shaft mount on it.

Last edited:

mustangfrank

Yeah, some closeup pictures of the rear wheel brackets/dropouts, the rear shock mounts and the jackshaft plates could confirm if you want to know for sure. I tend to agree with desert rat, the rear mounts look wrong but the picture is at the wrong angle to confirm. Weird, they normally "up-model" solid rear axle frames by adding the shock mounts and a swingarm. I don't see a brake cable bracket the solid axle frames had on the rear down tubes but that could just be long cut off and gone.

They all left the factory with jackshaft/front swingarm mount point plates (and left them unused on lower models), so conversion to a swingarm style rear axle is fairly easy with some welding. You'd just need to lop off the rear axle plates, find some shocks and a swingarm assy.

Picture added of a factory solid rear axle frame rear section in my "to be welded" pile, excuse the background, pulling it out would have toppled the entire pile.

Either way it's a 1967-68 front peg Bonanza BC-???? with lots of potential.

16322397695816176691841280608656.jpg

Last edited:

Wbcor

Yes, converted from a BC1200/13300 to a BC 1000/1100. Like Frank said it's odd they "down-graded it."
I say 1000/1100 because someone added a tire-scrub brake.
I say bring it back to 1200/1300 staus - good luck.