What mini bike do you loan when family/friend visits and wants to ride?

Lizardking

Baja Warrior, starts easy, good kill switch, and has the best working drum brake of any Baja have owned.
If they drop it, I'll laugh.
Hard to hurt those things anyway other than people trying to pick up the back by the seat.
Those warriors do look like they can take a beating.. I catch myself going for the seat to lift my bikes too!! Lol.... The Doodle bugs had it right with that bar to lift the rear.

Lizardking

Up till recently my answer had been I would loan any of my bikes but with my newest stupidly overpowerd bike I might hesitate to loan that one untill somone has proven themselves on one of my other bikes first. I dont need somone getting hurt on thier first ride.
That happened to a fellow member that loaned his bike to an experienced rider that was surprised with the power and layed out the old mini. My Coleman ct200u is the "go to" mini to loan at the moment.

Lizardking

My first concern is safety for the rider. I like to see my minis ridden and putting smiles on faces. I have several that have good value, but anything can be repaired. View attachment 299685 View attachment 299685 View attachment 299686 View attachment 299687
I agree, safety first and the rewards will last several lifetimes.

I don't know of any place in my area to be able to ride on dirt and grass like that.. If I lived in an area with private space to ride then my collection would have more riders to loan. My kids can use anything I have and no guest would be deprived of the experience of riding a mini..

Like that Datsun!

I agree, safety first and the rewards will last several lifetimes.

I don't know of any place in my area to be able to ride on dirt and grass like that.. If I lived in an area with private space to ride then my collection would have more riders to loan. My kids can use anything I have and no guest would be deprived of the experience of riding a mini..

Like that Datsun!
1971 Datsun with 49k miles. It would have more miles if it was a smoother ride

GustoGuy

Up till recently my answer had been I would loan any of my bikes but with my newest stupidly overpowerd bike I might hesitate to loan that one untill somone has proven themselves on one of my other bikes first. I dont need somone getting hurt on thier first ride.

I hear you. I have a resto-mod Rupp Roadster 2 with a built Predator 212cc and I let my wife's nephew ride it. Stupidly overpowered it is and despite telling him not to gun it off the start and to take off easy he flipped the bike smashed the rear fender destroyed the tailight and bent the front fender about 2 miles away from my home and curled up the rear seat pan about an inch as well as pushing it over to the left about 1/2 inch. He said he had a Yamaha 125cc dirt bike which he road during high-school. I donn't think he understood how a bike such as my Rupp handles with 2.5 times the amount of horsepower.. I mistakenly thought he could handle the bike but he could not and now it is a work in progress instead of my go to bike in the summer. I will fix it and nobody but a rarified few will be able to ever ride it. Thanks to to my wife's nephew

GustoGuy

Anyone they want but my hodaka…it’s mine

that’s what they are there for…

I just put a 12 year old on my fastest one…he showed me how to ride that thing!

I guess I should add an addendum: you have to be invited and known…No strangers….
Must be a skilled 12 year old. My Resto-mod Rupp Roadster 2 can not be riden safely by a majority of 12 year olds without causing a severe form of road rash to develop on them. Last summer I mistakenly thought my wife's nephew who was 34 years old at the time could handle my Resto-mod Rupp Roadster 2 with built Predator 212cc. Despite telling him not to gun it because it has enough power to wheelie out from under you. He claims that he drove a 125 cc Yamaha dirt bike when he was a high-school kid living on the farm. I thought he could handle the bike. I was wrong however and about 2 miles from my place he was riding with his cousin who was on the red Predator 212cc powered doodlebeast. This is what I believe happened. They decided to race and despite warning him not to gunn it before he left for his infamous Titanic ride he must of gunned it "Supermanned" it and flipped the bike and smashed the rear fender destroyed the tailight and bent the seat pan up over an inch and shifted the seat pant over about 1/2 inch over as well as wrecking the front fender. Now instead of enjoying riding my bike it sits in the shed until I have time in my busy schedule to repair it. Don't let Newbies ride your stupidly overpowered bike because they will eat $hit and wreck your ride.

Last edited:

kayde

Just about any enthusiast should have a beginners bike or two in their line up.

I slapped this lil arco together few yrs ago for the sole purpose of eliminating inexperience.

Both my grand children basically mastered it on their first solo ride so if they can practically anyone could ride this safely.

Make no doubt about it everyone who has riden this bike has come back with a smile.

That's what is all about. So that's what inexperienced riders get too ride.

It's been such a success that I'm currently assembling a slightly later model arco with a tec 5hp for the just a bit more experienced riders....more or less adult riders and we'll save the 3.5's for the kids.

Nobody rides my mtd it's just too hairy.
I recently let my most experienced friend ride it in wide open field.
Needles to say he only made it 50ft and shut it down after a 30ft unwanted wheelie.
Just glad he didn't go over and get butt rash he musta had rubber underwear on as the seat was still clean.

Attachments

GustoGuy

Just about any enthusiast should have a beginners bike or two in their line up.

I slapped this lil arco together few yrs ago for the sole purpose of eliminating inexperience.

Both my grand children basically mastered it on their first solo ride so if they can practically anyone could ride this safely.

Make no doubt about it everyone who has riden this bike has come back with a smile.

That's what is all about. So that's what inexperienced riders get too ride.

It's been such a success that I'm currently assembling a slightly later model arco with a tec 5hp for the just a bit more experienced riders....more or less adult riders and we'll save the 3.5's for the kids.

Nobody rides my mtd it's just too hairy.
I recently let my most experienced friend ride it in wide open field.
Needles to say he only made it 50ft and shut it down after a 30ft unwanted wheelie.
Just glad he didn't go over and get butt rash he musta had rubber underwear on as the seat was still clean.
Show us a picture of your MTD. What did you power it with? A built Predator 212cc can wheelie over darn near every bike if you twist the throttle from a dead stop on asphalt or cement. I watched a YouTube video about a guy who powered a dirt bike with a Predator 212cc and it out powered and climbed hills better and was faster than a stock 125cc dirt bike with the same chassis.

kayde

L
Show us a picture of your MTD. What did you power it with? A built Predator 212cc can wheelie over darn near every bike if you twist the throttle from a dead stop on asphalt or cement. I watched a YouTube video about a guy who powered a dirt bike with a Predator 212cc and it out powered and climbed hills better and was faster than a stock 125cc dirt bike with the same chassis.

The bike I won't loan out
My mtd

This bikes suspension is very active with the throttle.
Twist it a bit the belt grabs the suspension loads/unloads and you really launch forward or the unexpected happens.

The seating position is deceiveing, my buddy certainly wasn't up on the tank like he was told.
I'm glad he didn't go down. I was told he looked like he was riding a bucking rodeo bull.

Just a regular ole 212 with the common take offs and ad ons.
After 2 yrs riding it I still cant get a predictable repeatable good launch with it.

Attachments

GustoGuy

L

The bike I won't loan out
My mtd

This bikes suspension is very active with the throttle.
Twist it a bit the belt grabs the suspension loads/unloads and you really launch forward or the unexpected happens.

The seating position is deceiveing, my buddy certainly wasn't up on the tank like he was told.
I'm glad he didn't go down. I was told he looked like he was riding a bucking rodeo bull.

Just a regular ole 212 with the common take offs and ad ons.
After 2 yrs riding it I still cant get a predictable repeatable good launch with it.
My bike launches fine as long as you don't crack the throttle on the bike. I can drive it just fine and so can my son. Here is the bike in action. I have the stock gearing with the 11 tooth front sprocket which was what the bike came with. My Predator build is a follows. Billet rod and billet flywheel Chikuni 22mm. It hits pretty hard off the bottom and if you crack the throttle wide open on asphalt or cement it will darn near jump out from under you. I also have a full hydraulic Suzuki K10 Motorcycle fork on it instead of the stock springer fork. Without the Suzuki K10 Motorcycle fork it would wheelie even easier. My next mod will be putting in a 12 tooth jackshaft sprocket which should slightly reduce the tendency to want to pull up the front wheel. I have never flipped it but I use to drive a Honda 250 cc dirt bike that my brother owned so I know how to successfully launch a bike unlike my wife's nephew.

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/6jO1Da461EA

Last edited:
I have them ride my fox campus, I will ride my taco with a 5hp or my rupp with a clone. I don't let anyone except my son or myself ride my mb200 scout bonanza.With 4 in wheel, no rack in the front end and short wheel base its cute but a death trap.