billet rod +.020"
hemi flat top piston
.010" head gasket
ngk spark plug
billet flywheel 32 degree timing
black mamba camshaft
stock rejetted carb
header

what would give me the most bang for the buck? I'm thinking an oko flatside 24mm carb might be the best bang for my buck... anyone run a 24mm flatside? any suggestions for jetting? Thank you guys :laugh::thumbsup:

Damn you sold all your good parts , and now your got a black mamba . Listen this is what you do cause I've built your almost exact motor last year . I built my brother a hemi bottom end with a RTC 6 head , hell we bought a whole new 69730 just for the head . I used the exact same parts you have with the exception of 1.3 billet rockers from NR and the head was ported by me and milled 78 thou . I put a 24 mm mikuni flat slide on it . The motor made 19.91 hp on Lewis stout's dyno . The black mamba is a great cam but it needs some ratio rockers to wake it up .

I'am putting 1.3 gage rockers with that NR cam should be a mean combo .
Also the one I built runs on race gas , compression is 13.6 :1

Latent

Damn you sold all your good parts , and now your got a black mamba . Listen this is what you do cause I've built your almost exact motor last year . I built my brother a hemi bottom end with a RTC 6 head , hell we bought a whole new 69730 just for the head . I used the exact same parts you have with the exception of 1.3 billet rockers from NR and the head was ported by me and milled 78 thou . I put a 24 mm mikuni flat slide on it . The motor made 19.91 hp on Lewis stout's dyno . The black mamba is a great cam but it needs some ratio rockers to wake it up .

I'am putting 1.3 gage rockers with that NR cam should be a mean combo .
Also the one I built runs on race gas , compression is 13.6 :1
Yeah basically lol. Not sure on the 1.3 rockers since they cost so much, but the 24mm flat slides seem like my next upgrade because I can think stand the throttle control on the stock carb... the 24mm flatslide should have better throttle control and better response. Did you experience coilbind at all? What Rpms were you running? What jetting? Any recommendations for jetting with a 24mm flat slide and my build? Thank you :)

Latent

You sold this motor last year didn't ya ?? Lol... Brad Hill has a really nice intake for the flat slides and so does nr
No I just built this motor up yesterday and broke it in today. Trying to build a 15-16hp reliable and cheap predator 212cc so far so good.. just hate the throttle control for the stock carb. I think a flatslide would make my build look better and give me better throttle control.

Latent

RIFLMAO...:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Us old guys just can't hang...huh Freddy ?!?!
Hey OND I was looking over your predator thread yesterday while I was building my engine. We have really similar builds as well. Not sure if you still have that engine, but how did you like it? Was there anything you didn't like?

Latent

Well no coil bind but we were running 37 lb springs . As far as jetting we were at a 140 main and 20 piolet .
Hmmm yeah makes sense the 37 lb springs with the 1.3 rockers... that would definitely take care of the coilbind. I need to grab a flat slide and take off this crappy stock throttle control plate first though lol

Still have the bike and the same engine, engine has great power and unbelievable RPM's ...It scares me sometime ! :scared:It just keeps winding ... but I like .:biggrin:

Last edited:

Latent

Still have the bike and the same engine, engine has great power and unbelievable RPM's ...It scares me sometime ! :scared:It just keeps winding ... but I like .:biggrin:

Love the wheels and paint job.. it's always the little details that really make it pop! What rpms do you run your engine on that bike at? What clutch and engagement did you set?