What model Dunecycle is this?

I havent done anything to it. But I think I am in the middle of a trade with my buddy for it. I will ask him if he has any plans for it. Right now it is sitting in a horse barn next to a Heald trike and 3 Rupp Chevy Jr's. Randy

Hi , I could use the fuel tank, both clutches, and the seat if at all possible.
I currently have 3 Dunecycles and have had many in the past.
I'm restoring a flat tracker it has a solid rear axil and no suspension.
I'm always looking for Dunecycle parts to keep on hand so if you have any you would like to sell please let me know.
squimbe@hotmail.com
hanks much,
Kimber

Hi , I could use the fuel tank, both clutches, and the seat if at all possible.
I currently have 3 Dunecycles and have had many in the past.
I'm restoring a flat tracker it has a solid rear axil and no suspension.
I'm always looking for Dunecycle parts to keep on hand so if you have any you would like to sell please let me know.
squimbe@hotmail.com
hanks much,
Kimber
How does it turn with the solid axel ? I've thought about going with a solid as one of my axels has been cut and is shorter than the other.

I didn't know the model till Steve posted, but I'd sure like to have it under my tree.:xmas-smiley-016:
A trike is my next build for sure!
hi i have the same duncycle as yours.I relize your post is old but had to contact you. still have yours? I noticed people thought yours was not original but it is .mine matches yours. 290cc kohler and leaf springs. spider 77

Dunecycle 500-e mohave

i Have thr original factory issued broshure / flyer on this model.
I HAD THIS MODEL WITH DUAL CHAMBERS, REally rare only about 6 were made with the dual chambers. this thing really gets with it.

eavier duty frame with leaf type spring and shocks and rear end set up that is encased which is different than the one pictured on OLDTRIKES.COM .It also has a really cool gas tank and a disk brake. No differential either.I have to replace some bearings in the rear sprocket area and put a new chain on.(you can see the old one came off in the box). And see if I can get the 2 stroke motor to run. It does still spin. I have more pics of it in my photos. Any idea what year this one was. It also has a California off road sticker. The person I got it from said it was used in racing in the desert.
[/QUOTE]

I picked it up today. Has a 2 stroke 290cc motor. and seems to have a heavier duty frame with leaf type spring and shocks and rear end set up that is encased which is different than the one pictured on OLDTRIKES.COM .It also has a really cool gas tank and a disk brake. No differential either.I have to replace some bearings in the rear sprocket area and put a new chain on.(you can see the old one came off in the box). And see if I can get the 2 stroke motor to run. It does still spin. I have more pics of it in my photos. Any idea what year this one was. It also has a California off road sticker. The person I got it from said it was used in racing in the desert.
That is i am willing to bet a Dune Cycle Mojave 500e. We are restoring one identical. The spider didnt have the springer front end or the tank up front and was a single cylinder. Only built about 6 of them as i was told by a gentleman who designed these and unfortunately they never got into production before A.P.E went out of business.