What model go kart is this?

I picked this up from my significant others father.

It says it's a "bird" go kart and has the serial on back of seat...

It has a fiberglass shell with it, but I do not know the model name, and or the type of tec. Engine that's on it.

It needs a carb and without the model or engine type Idk how to purchase the one I need.

The numbers should be stamped on the top of the shroud starting with model number, followed by 5 numbers, than 'serial', than 4 numbers. I bet it starts with H35. I have no idea on the go kart.

Thanks, I pulled out the dremal with a wire brush attachment and polished all the needles and cleaned the entire thing up. Turned out both needles 1.5 turns from close and... It runs!

Been sitting for around 13-15 years and it's very healthy.

Once it warmed up though, seemed to not want to rev high and or it was flooding. Have to figure out how to try and dial this thing in. The clutch seems to be sticking also, sometimes when I pull it... The wheel wants to spin with it. Assuming this is just from sitting though. Stuff is sticky.

Idk if this is the right forum but, I'm also picking up a 1972 Suzuki RV90 from my father in law. I plan on keeping it, and since I paint for a living, I want to refinish and rebuild everything :D Nice project hopefully.

If my nephews are too small for this go kart, I'll end up posting it for sale to fund the RV90 restoration.

You may not live long enough to get your project done with both a "significant others father" and a .father-in-law
Lol, same lady and same father. I should have just said father in law to begin with.

I have been bugging him for years to let me buy the rv90, and finally he is!

Try leaning out your main fuel screw in the bottom of the carb.. I've noticed 1.5 is actually a bit much on the high end fuel...

Just jack it up so the wheel is off the ground.. Hold it wide open so it's chugging, then start slowwwly screwing the main fuel screw in.. when it's right it will take right off...

Clutches get sticky.. oil and stuff gets burnt into them.. Just douche the entire thing out with carb cleaner, then re-lube the bushing between the drum and inner clutch parts.. a little dab.. JUST A LITTLE like 2 or 3 drops of motor oil right at the sprocket side of the drum, tip the motor to an angle and roll it over slowly a few times will let the oil work it's way down into the bushing..

So I took the clutch assembly apart, dremal cleaned everything... There was some light corrosion on the parts. Re oiled everything that needed oil... Still sticking, not as much, but still sticking. Won't start with the wheels on the ground.

The chain is probably too tight.. OR the spring is junk.. Usually they work unless the spring has rusted completely in half though...

Take the chain off to mess with the carburetor.. Once the engne is running good, go back to your clutch issue...

With the chain off, the clutch drum should spin free as a breeze....

With the chain adjusted correctly, the wheel-chain-and clutch drum, should all roll free as a breeze... Holding the Kart off the ground in one hand, spin the wheel with the other hand, it should coast for a little while, ya know? :shrug: very little friction... If it won't roll easily, the chain is too tight...

If everything works and spinss nice and easily.. gokart rolls around and tire spins nice and free... Engine can turn over at a pull start speed easily all with no problems...

BUT THEN when the engine IS RUNNING the clutch hooks right up.. Either your spring is worn out.. OR MORE LIKELY just the engine is just idling too high..

I'll try and check out the clutch thing today. I do have the chain on as tight as I could do it ( just assumed it should be fight since there is no chain tensioner.

Most likely my problem with that though... It's... REALLY... Tight, like no deflection in the chain on either side.

My nephew who I was going to give this to, just isn't large enough for it yet. He will have to stick to his quad for now. I would love to get this thing in 100% condition before I let it go, since it's nothing serious. Just tune in the carb and loosen the chain a bit.