What mods are required to run with out gov on Chinese ohv

I have a Baja warrior, I want to remove the Gov and install a Comet TAV, level 2 hop up, Billet rod and flywheel, and chrome moly push rods. What else should I replace? The hop up has 22lb valve springs, bored and jetted carb, billet flywheel, head gasket, and a race air filter and adaptor. The chrome moly pushrods are rated for 10,000+ rpms. The connecting rod is a billet rod, so it's rated for high rpms. I'm getting a tach, so I will try to keep the rpms below 5900-6000. I just don't want to put all this money into it and destroy my engine because I overlooked a part that should have been upgraded. This will mainly be a trail ride, but my buddy and his Dad have Baja Heats that they race. So I may race every now and then. Lastly, should I run a higher weight oil? Sorry this is so long, I just want to make sure I do this right.

buckeye

Welcome to OldMiniBikes.
Sounds about right.
Don't know about the oil but, the rest of your plan sounds familiar.

Welcome to the OldMiniBikes . :thumbsup: Sounds like you've covered all the bases ...your engine should hold up just fine, besure to torque everthing to specs.

Welcome to the OldMiniBikes . :thumbsup: Sounds like you've covered all the bases ...your engine should hold up just fine, besure to torque everthing to specs.
Thanks, I'm new to the whole forum thing. Be it my truck forums, rc forums, or minibike forums. So I haven't left anything out?

Nope sounds good ! But you know these engines were made to run 3500 rpm's not 7000 rpm's so anything could happen at anytime. Flywheel and rod are a must tho.

You didn't say anything about a new cam....are you going to run the stock cam ?
Probably will keep stock cam. I don't have THAT much money. The place I am getting my parts from is about 20 minutes from me. So I have to pay 6% sales tax. It's an online store. But their facility is located 20 minutes from me.

Last edited:
With the new springs and the stock cam you should be fine at around 6000 rpm's . Good luck on your build !
Thanks, you really easied my worries. I will post pics of it along the way on this thread when I'm done with the build. I already repainted my bike due to rust showing through, Michigan winters suck.