What Motor is this Please??

I would like to know if this is a 5 or 6.5HP motor and who made it? I do not see any ID on it anywhere and also would like to know the best replacement carb to put on here. I want a Mikuni with the angled intake so it point to the rear and not at an angle. Thanks for any help.

DSCN3290.JPG DSCN3286.JPG DSCN3287.JPG DSCN3289.JPG DSCN3288.JPG

Well at least it is a Honda. I will look under the tank on Friday. I want to ether put a new Honda carb on it or rebuild what is there. The throttle set up stinks so I was leaning towards a Mikuni. Anyone know what size would be best?

Daniel Coop

Mikuni might be a bit overkill for that stock GX140. If it's just the throttle setup, I would suggest a new one or better one. OldMiniBikes's clone throttle linkage kit works great and looks pretty trick too. I want to say it's around $8.
. Or a brand new quality Ru-xing carb if yours is just gummed up or whatever. They're only $20 and are just plain old reliable.

Daniel Coop

It's just a new stock clone/GX carb sold by OldMiniBikes and ARC Racing. Would come stock on a BSP clone. RuiXing... I misspelled it. Good carbs... I use them almost exclusively and have put them on 6-7 bikes without issue. Supposedly, they flow 10-15% better than the SP carburetor that comes stock on a Predator.

Last edited: