What orange did Bonanza use on the CR500 Chopper?

Past posts here had it with Hugger Orange, (Chevy WA3959) or Competition Orange, (Ford M1730) Both of these colors were used in the early 70's. Take your pick. Note "Chevy Orange" is Hugger Orange.

markus

GM named that color differently depending on model of car, so if your having paint mixed it may come up under a different name.....I had that problem with Axalta as it only came up as "carousel red" with the Fisher code.

GM named that color differently depending on model of car, so if your having paint mixed it may come up under a different name.....I had that problem with Axalta as it only came up as "carousel red" with the Fisher code.
Yep, isn't that wierd? I've seen that on several OEM codes. At least the factory codes are the same. There were several names that came up under the 3959 code, including Hugger Orange, Carousel Red, Firecracker Orange, Medium Orange, Monaco Orange, and Red Orange, and all of them are under that GM WA3959 code. And added to that confusion is the fact that if the average guy looks up "Chevy Orange" because he wants to rattle can his mini bike, he is quickly directed to Chevy Orange Engine Paint, which is something else all together.

I am going to do an early Flea in 3959, but I think the Ford version pops a lot better. However, after three or four years on a mini bike, I note the once-bright Competition Orange has faded to look exactly like a Hugger Orange. (Nason single stage acrylic enamel, not urethane like you're showing up there which is more fade resistant.)

Speaking of which, now that I have been schooled once again in the latest version of the "engine paint thread," and why rattle can and powder coat are superior, I think I shall start painting with tempera paint on a sponge. That will give me the "vintage" 1995 "patina" that only cheap powder coating and rattle can will provide, while ensuring I am not exposed to deadly paint fumes.

http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?&code=WA3959&rows=50&sort=gmcode

markus

Well its really tough when your color blind and walk up to the counter and say Hugger orange and give them the paint code and they come back with a can that says red on it o_O I thought I had jotted the code down wrong.

Well its really tough when your color blind and walk up to the counter and say Hugger orange and give them the paint code and they come back with a can that says red on it o_O I thought I had jotted the code down wrong.
I hear that! I go to Napa on Saturdays, because I know I can trust the person working the mixer who is scheduled on that day.

If I remember correctly the GTO Judge that I call Orange was called Carousel red in the brochures.? phxminiguy52