What white paint should I get for my 69 Tecumseh h35 restore

cfh

MEK makes a 1k clear. The problem with that 2k clear is, once you mix it, you have to use it all (or throw away the unused part.) Also it's pretty expensive. The 1k isn't like that. But the 1k isn't as glossy either (if that's what you're going for). I find the 1k to be a decent clear for *me*, i use it over the appliance epoxy spray can paint. But i never make an engine paint look "wet". no engine left the factory like that. i like a matte finish (which is neither flat or glossy.) it works for me. your mileage may vary.

delray

I thought I would up date my spray can mail box with the 2 k clear on it.
I have say it's been holding up real good throughout the winter months and getting the snowplow throwing snow and salt at it.
my opinion I wouldn't be afraid to try this out on a mini bike project. the 2k urethane(2 part mix in a can) makes it very durable and that's something you need on a minibike frame.
try to get a good up close picture how nice and smooth it went on. for some you guys like me that always have use automotive paint, this paint could easily clean up with 2000 grit and buff out like glass.
5-8-20 top.jpg
5-8-20.jpg

delray

well I had the perfect minibike test parts to try this 2k urethane(2 part mix in a can) project. bike is going to be use for flat tracking so I really don't need or want the frame to look good or need a high quality paint job on it. frame can stay a semi gloss black out of a spray can for the most part. running on clay at the end of the night does not make it look pretty or make it go fast.....lol, but the tank is a different story. I need it to hold up against gas leaks or spills. so for only $24 dollars I fix that problem and did not cost me ton of money like it normally does when purchasing automotive paint products.
so what i did first was sprayed the tank with the semi gloss black and then let it dry for couple hours. then installed the decals and then a light coat of clear. let that tack up for little bit and then gave it three full coats of the 2k urethane(2 part mix in a can) letting it tack up between coats.
paint job came out so smooth I won't have to do anything to it. just bolt it up to the bike and go.

@delray, the tank looks great. What did you use for the light coat of clear?
Getting ready to paint my 71 Rupp, I would to be totally satisfied if my tank turned out like that.

minibikefever

well I had the perfect minibike test parts to try this 2k urethane(2 part mix in a can) project. bike is going to be use for flat tracking so I really don't need or want the frame to look good or need a high quality paint job on it. frame can stay a semi gloss black out of a spray can for the most part. running on clay at the end of the night does not make it look pretty or make it go fast.....lol, but the tank is a different story. I need it to hold up against gas leaks or spills. so for only $24 dollars I fix that problem and did not cost me ton of money like it normally does when purchasing automotive paint products.
so what i did first was sprayed the tank with the semi gloss black and then let it dry for couple hours. then installed the decals and then a light coat of clear. let that tack up for little bit and then gave it three full coats of the 2k urethane(2 part mix in a can) letting it tack up between coats.
paint job came out so smooth I won't have to do anything to it. just bolt it up to the bike and go.

tank looks great, I like the 2k urethane everything I use it on looks good and durable.