What Year/Model Rupp Is This?

This unit was purchased with wheels (only rear wheel was original) for $75. Finding parts means I need to know the year at least. I saw a photo of a C-350 and It looks very similar. Wad-ya-think?

Including photo of rear brake plate as there seems to be a split in model years depending on which part is used. I think it is pre 1970 but not sure how far before.

Yes, I make cool things on the laser in my business. Are those some sweet break down saw horses or what!?!?!?!

Notice the anti rotation feature. There is a little metal key welded to the inside left of the control arm. Stamped on the brake plate is 13774. As you can see, I'm missing the actuating arm. I have posted properly in "wanted" for that part already. I found a supplier that lists "#13783 BRAKE ARM 68-69 DRUM", however, I'm suspicious this could be an earlier bike?

Yea, baby got back...

OldMiniBikes.com Forum

Right side view with our 1963 Airstream in the background. I can see sporting this build on a nicely fabricated bracket on the back bumper. already Installed an AC unit & Fantastic Fan. Have water tank, pump, electric panel, waste tank valve & Lots of buffing to go. Maybe I will bring it to a Minibike meet and get you to help me. heeheheheheheheheh

Thanks!
Dave

PS, will be away on business 09/09 thru about the 17th. Actually no internet in the Catskills where I'll be.

Last edited:
Hmmm, All the photo's I find show the TT-500 with front suspension/headlight etc. I dont' "think??" this front end has been changed.

Here is a Google Images link showing a bunch that say they are TT-500. I see there is one in there without front suspension that says the owner thinks it's a C-500.

https://www.google.com/search?q=rupp+tt-500&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7ADRA_enUS477&prmd=imvnsfd&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=DZ9MUPD3LsPs0gH9joHYCw&ved=0CCgQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=572

Dave

markus

1969 digger or sprint, do you have the original rear sprocket? what is the tooth count.

BTW nice airstream, I miss my Spartan's I had a '49 spartanette 24' and a '50 royal Mansion 33'

I downsized quite a bit, right now the only camper I have is a 1967 Apache Eagle

Last edited:

jrzmac

could be a Digger? you can see some of the blue on the handlebars under where the grips used to be. I think the only way to tell between the Digger and Sprint would've been the engines. and that thing is long gone so? :shrug:

1969 digger or sprint, do you have the original rear sprocket? what is the tooth count?
It's 80, I did count it but forgot to mention it. Might need to replace that part also but I don't see any 80 tooth gears on the minibike sites.

I am also slightly shopping for a smaller Spartan or a Curtis Wright. I'm an airplane buff, wife is an aluminum trailer nut, so why not combine the two?

Dave

could be a Digger? you can see some of the blue on the handlebars under where the grips used to be. I think the only way to tell between the Digger and Sprint would've been the engines. and that thing is long gone so? :shrug:
Minibike forensics! I've only started studying the subject in the last week, so I've got alot to learn. Sounds like there might be 2 votes for Digger?

Dave

markus

80 tooth would be a digger, they used the larger 5hp. 72 tooth would make it a Sprint as they ran a 3.5. does not matter at this point, your missing alot, you can make it either if you wanted to go the original route.

Sounds like we are arriving at the conclusion it's a 1969 Digger. I'll leave it open a bit longer in case any ohters want to add to it. Also, maybe we'll hear from Bandit 40 again to see if he is so swayed.

I appreciate all your help. It will give me more confidence when sourcing parts. I'm a little torn between wanting it restored to stock and just wanting a cool mini-bike. I think I'd be happy with it mostly correct other than clone motor.

Thanks,
Dave

buckeye

If your gonna use a clone,then do with it what you want. Just don't modify the frame or anything just in case you decide to put it back to original.

jrzmac

S
I appreciate all your help. It will give me more confidence when sourcing parts. I'm a little torn between wanting it restored to stock and just wanting a cool mini-bike. I think I'd be happy with it mostly correct other than clone motor.

Thanks,
Dave
the hardest part in getting this bike back to its original state is that your missing 3 of the most crucial parts! the seat, the gas tank and clutch cover! they're really hard to come by, and when they do come up, they all go for a ton!!!! especially the tank. people aint stupid. so unless you have access to these parts, your most likely gonna have to make some sort of rider out of it. also, a clone engine..... on a 69' Rupp? :no:

...... also, a clone engine..... on a 69' Rupp? :no:
This brings up an interesting point, probably for another thread. What I do to return it to stock will be only for personal satisfaction. People get really tied up into returning things to exact stock. For me, I don't think there is any chance a museum will be intested in my work. Also, there will always be a better one one there than mine. I don't really think I would put the effort in for a top 10 bike. So, I don't see the point when there are probably 100+++ perfect or near perfect examples on the planet already.

I just got an itch to build a minibike. I tend towards the creative end of things. I've been wanting to build an electric powered minibike for some time. In the RC airplane world, I'm well known for power systems. In that world, 3 to 5hp systems are not that uncommon. I've got a Schwinn electic scooter that runs 28mph, and have a little project running for one that calculates to about 40. Problem is I don't have brakes for 40 and that's the limiting factor.

I saw a video for a mono-wheel (RYNO) and I wondered, how many helmets did it take to develop that? heheheheh

Dave