whats up oldminibike!

First off let me introduce myself, my name is steve. These last few months ive been really wanting to get into a little project because i have to much time on my hands and I have been really interested in making a little mini bike of course. so last week i came across the deal of the life time and my friends dad gave me his old mini bike that has been sitting in their garage!

It came equipped with a 3.0hp tecumseh engine

Last edited:
My current problem with the bike is getting the throttle grip to work.. it seems hooked up and when i give it gas she revs but doesnt move. the only way to get it going was by manually pushing in this throttle lever on the engine located under the exhaust.

any ideas on whats wrong?

If it moved when you pushed on the governer arm then it's not the clutch. It looks like you don't have enough travel on the throttle cable. Loosen the conduit clamp that holds the step retainer and move the retainer upwards until the end of the retainer is just under the clamp. Then you will need to move the wire stop lower on the cable. You should replace the cable while you're at it since it is so frayed.

Last edited:
If it moved when you pushed on the governer arm then it's not the clutch. It looks like you don't have enough travel on the throttle cable. Loosen the conduit clamp that holds the step retainer and move the retainer upwards until the end of the retainer is just under the clamp. Then you will need to move the wire stop lower on the cable. You should replace the cable while you're at it since it is so frayed.

like so?

Ummmm, no. Move the step retainer UP and then re-clamp it in the conduit clamp so the threaded end is not showing.
Turns out it had nothing to do with the throttle cable, i was right about it having to do with the clutch. the clutch key was missing! put a replacement in and the purp machine is running prime! :thumbsup: