When good members go bad...

What is it that would make a good member go bad?
Like when someone who sells something and the buyer isn't happy they either don't respond or get defensive or worse go on the offensive.

It's a niche community and I am curious what these people are thinking. Someone takes another persons money then strings them along saying they will provide a service or supply a part and then stop answering emails altogether. Yet they continue to sell similar things on Ebay and still log into this site.

I wonder how many people are going through this type of situation right now?

I have had pretty good luck except for the Greyhound mini bike.:laugh::laugh: I think its funny how some members just dissapear:eek:ut:
Currently, I am having a problem with a member and starting to get really mad:angry:
I hope to here something real soon or I may have to spill the beans.:anon.sml:

Manchester1, so help me God if the offending member in Michigan I will make sure they wake up tomorrow to a lawn full of Pink Flamingos!!
I've seen this happen to BeeKeeper, it aint pretty!

Kevin

Most of the time, it all comes down to greed. I've seen it happen and had it happen to me, just not on these forums. Lets say a person has a rare coin they don't want to part with, but they need the money. They get the money online, without ever seeing the buyer in person. They may have been "online friends", but for some people, that doesn't mean anything. (This is a good reason to make sure you have some type of buyer protection in place, nothing is foolproof, but it's better than having no recourse if something goes bad.)
Now, this is where lines blur for the seller, they now have the much needed funds and are still in possession of the coin. While they know it's wrong to keep the coin and the money, they have no "human/personal" connection with the buyer. They may feel the buyer can afford the loss or just not care. :confused: It's a terrible thing. I feel sorry for both parties. The buyer, who was cheated out of hard earned money and the Seller who believes he gained something, when in truth, he lost much more.:no:

For instance....who?:shrug:
A well known member who is known for his craftsmanship? I will leave it up to Manchester in this case to let you know who it is because it is a deal she is working on. Personally,I would bin and win his auctions then not pay and leave negative feedback as well as saturate his local Craigslist with his name and circumstances not mention send his neighbors hand written letters knowing the type of neighbor they have. But thats just me..

If I see that they log on again and do not resolve the problem I will spill the beans by the end of the week.
Last Activity: Yesterday 09:02 PM

A well known member who is known for his craftsmanship? I will leave it up to Manchester in this case to let you know who it is because it is a deal she is working on. Personally,I would bin and win his auctions then not pay and leave negative feedback as well as saturate his local Craigslist with his name and circumstances not mention send his neighbors hand written letters knowing the type of neighbor they have. But thats just me..

If I see that they log on again and do not resolve the problem I will spill the beans by the end of the week.
Last Activity: Yesterday 09:02 PM
It's not the first time this has happened. Things happen ,but there is no excuse for total lack of communication. Last time the member who was waiting had text and email communication and them nothing...