Where can you get Raptor Carbs?

I was just on Riekens Racing and saw that you can no longer get stock Briggs Raptor carbs. Anybody know where you can get them? or can't you? and what do they cost? :shrug:

Thanks,

Clayton

Gas. I'm not really ready to buy yet, I'm just trying to see what it will cost me because I have 2 5hp blocks that are getting sleaved and build up like Raptors.

Go to the karting forums and place a "wanted" ad. We did this and got a real nice NOS Raptor carb at a great value. Most of these racing guys have moved on to OHV engines like Briggs Animals and Clones and are unloading their Briggs flathead parts inventory at a nice discount.
Michael

old-timer

Scamming Member
Hey Clay,
I might have a used one if your interested. I'll have to dig through my stash and see if I can find it, but I had a real nice one I was saving for a 5er build.

Vic

Thanks guys, I'll have to do that Michael. What karting forum did you go on?

Ok Vic let me know, only if you're not going to use it.

I have 2 old style pull choke carbs that have been bored and re butterflied. Ran them on our race raptors. One is legal, one is not lol. I might part with them

Hello Clayton,

Turk Bros pn 555129 $71.90 plus shipping and handling. Watch ebay, cl, OldMiniBikes for used ones.

As I understand it, the Raptor carb is your basic 5hp Briggs FH carb. I don't know if the Raptor is like the Briggs Fun Power with wider mounting holes in the block, if not stay away from the Fun Power carbs. I have some older 5hp tiller engines and the Fun Power carbs will not mount up to them, mounting hole spacing is different. The block is not the issue (has 3 holes to mount both types of carbs) however, the carb will only mount to the wider mounting holes, which many old blocks don't have.

If you are running gas, maybe don't want one used for kart racing, they are modified to run methanol.

vwfan79

I have a bored and flowed raptor carb on my 5hp not sure if it is from Turk bros but its the same thing and when you compare it to a stock carb there is a world of difference and the performance is great.
Chazdaddy where did you find that price on them, everything I can find from Turk bros is $125.

Previously posted by chazdaddy, in part: "As I understand it, the Raptor carb is your basic FH 5 hp carb."
That is not exactly true. While they are similar, there are some performance-designed differences built into the carb.
Michael

vwfan79

Gotcha, that is the one I have is the bored and flowed. I'm not 100% mine is from Turk brothers I bought it off another member here but its the same thing if its not theirs.

Clayon,
A good kart site is Bob's 4 Cycle Karting- America's largest karting community. karting kart dirt oval racing race bobs 4 cycle forum briggs stratton sprint go Lots of good people there with good info too.
I have a nice Raptor carb. at home (not for sale, sorry) but if you want in can snap some pics for you and post on this thread if you want so you can compare the two carbs and see what the differences are between the two of them. I know that the Raptor carbs have a different diaphram cover, have the throat of the carb bored out bigger with larger butterfly plates installed, no choke on them, and you have to have an airfilter adapter to use an airfilter bc there is no threaded part that screws down thru the carb to hold filter on. I have been wondering if you could put a welch plug on the spot where the filter is supposed to go and the mount the filter on the end of the carb for more of a straight shot of air thru the carb. Similar to how a Mukuni carb looks with the filter inline with the intake instead of at a 90 degree angle coming in.
Let me know if you want the pics to compare them.

Thanks Hemiggremmy, I'll check out that forum, as for the pics, if you have time and don't mind posting them that would be great. :thumbsup: