Where should I look for the serial number?

I've only taken the flywheel cover off and the engine is pretty dirty and can't seem to locate anything right away. Does anyone recognize what year this may be and where I should find the serial number? IMG_0696.JPG IMG_0694.JPG IMG_0697.JPG

PatrickCraik

The numbers you need are stamped onto the rear of the cover, next to the carb. The info might be on this site someplace or maybe a member will post it. I had good luck contacting B&S customer service via email and giving them the numbers. They wont give you the HP rating but will tell you the year it was made and the torque rating (if you ask). You can use the torque rating to find the horsepower. Make sure you fill out the contact form and tell them how you've been a loyal customer for decades and how much you like their products. wink wink. I have a couple of oldies like yours. Have fun. BTW,It looks like your clutch wasn't keyed to the shaft,best soak it well before trying to get it off.

Last edited:

PatrickCraik

Lets see the rest of your mini....Almost forgot, The numbers will be from top to bottom MODEL # TYPE# and SERIAL or CODE # Code numbers replaced serial numbers either during or after 1965

Last edited:
Looks like a 2 or 3hp. The numbers will be on the left side of the blower housing. When you find them post them and I can decode it. If you need any parts let me know. I have about 6 I have torn down.