which cam is best for the predator

which camshaft for the Predator

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have a 212 predator for my go kart its a smaller frame but it has a roll cage on it. The frame is a manco 486 pheonix eagle 2 lxt. I'm looking to up the performance on it i have an air filter .035" main jet and an rlv header but i don't know if I should get a CL-1 cam or a BSP-3 racing cam. I don't have have alot of money right now I have $45. I want the most performance for what I have, I am currently using a Comet 30 series torque a verter with 10% overdrive and a 9 tooth drive sprocket and a 60 tooth on the axle but i want to keep my low end power but gain on high end.

Have you already replaced the rod and flywheel? Govenor? If you haven't already done that then there's no need for a cam. If you have taken care of business then I would suggest the mod 2 cam. Or save a few more dollars and check out the black Mamba cams.

Thanks but my predator is the hemi version and the cam end is supposed to measure at .549" to fit it right. does Black Mamba have a cam for the hemi I know the mod 2 does.

Thanks for the info I'll keep it in mind, I've looked around for a black mamba cams but i can't find one for sale. You guys know anyone who sells them for the predator?

Goggle Small Engine Cams (Tim Iskendarian)......Great Guy..........Plus any Pred. (.555) cam can be cut .006 on a lathe do it all the time......Dave:blink:

Have you already replaced the rod and flywheel? Govenor? If you haven't already done that then there's no need for a cam. If you have taken care of business then I would suggest the mod 2 cam. Or save a few more dollars and check out the black Mamba cams.
That

Cams sugested in the pole are karting cams.

My sugestion is also buy an Isky cam.
Don't even email him with a question.....

If you are building a first engine, a mild motor for your first project or just want a little more umph out of the hole buy the Momba Jr.
Its a great little cam designed for aplications exactly like this.
Its not a karting cam made for laps its a cam ground to make a minibike launch out of a garage.

He also makes many other fine cams but bang for buck and first time builders should not turn their nose up at his little cam.
he ground alll the compromises out of the oem design, added some lift for more low end and added just enough more durration to tae advantage of Billet rods and Flywheels without addding a lot fo stress to the valve train componenets.

I am currently revving 5500rpm so I guess im going with the black mamba jr but how would it pull up to 5500rpm and how long would it take to get there (under load)?

I'm just jumping in with the big dogs I am currently about to race my friends yerf dog 150cc gy6 go kart as soon as i get my cam, his goes about 50mph because he changed the gearing and it rolls 10000rpms . We are only drag racing though so I'm going with the jr cam for low and mid range power.

I'm just jumping in with the big dogs I am currently about to race my friends yerf dog 150cc gy6 go kart as soon as i get my cam, his goes about 50mph because he changed the gearing and it rolls 10000rpms . We are only drag racing though so I'm going with the jr cam for low and mid range power.
Good Luck ! :thumbsup: