Whitewall Experiment

KB2ROCKET

Thought I would try kbrockets Whitewall trick.
Cleaned the tire with some acetone.
Wiped her clean with a clean lint free cloth.
White Scuff Shoe Polish.
Two coats as it sits.
What ya thunk? This will be going on a Manco T-Bird project.
looks good it just takes a bunch of coats .shoe polish works well becaues it is made to flex as it would on a shoe the only thing about it is it is not super durable but I think it will work better on old tires because they tend to be dryer and more pourus and may hold the polish better

I remember watching one of those car shows on TNN way back when; and this guy was making wide white walls out of thinner white wall tires. When he was done turning the sidewall down to expose the wider whitewall, he used a bar of wax to protect the tire. I haven't the slightest clue what kind of wax he used though; too long to remember.

Anyways, I wonder if a carnauba way of some sort would help protect the white wall in this case.

My whitwall tires on the T-bird

Here is my T-bird on with whitewalls that I sprayed on using enamel Paint.Has been on for 2-3 years,with no problem.

buckeye

I just saw fists question.:laugh: Thanks Mav.

It has a four inch extension to the original forks. All sleeved and safe, so my engineer son-in-law tells me.
It rides great. Not really off road anymore. At least I don't ride if off road.
Actually I am in the midst of engine swap. Putting a little more power on it. Don't know why. Just needed something to do. :thumbsup:

As far as the whitewalls holding up ,I used my best pair of reading glasses and examined them......The paint on the front is great,but on the back tire it is cracked just like the cracks in my tire.So this paint won't hide any tire checking if your tire is checked like my back tire is,but if no cracks on tire it looks great!Using acrylic enamel paint you could paint any color on your ride,maybe a 1/4 " red stripe,remember those on car tires?:thumbsup:

As far as the whitewalls holding up ,I used my best pair of reading glasses and examined them......The paint on the front is great,but on the back tire it is cracked just like the cracks in my tire.So this paint won't hide any tire checking if your tire is checked like my back tire is,but if no cracks on tire it looks great!Using acrylic enamel paint you could paint any color on your ride,maybe a 1/4 " red stripe,remember those on car tires?:thumbsup:
:thumbsup: I got a bunch of shit from folks because I put raised white letter BFG's on my 67 Dodge, and not redlines. Heck with that. A lot of extra cash for redlines, and only Coker was doing them, and those tires suck.