Who makes the heaviest duty CVT?

Howdy everyone, sorry to bother y'all, but I'm hoping someone here can help me out.

I'm building an adult size minibike with a sideways mounted custom V4, made from a cut down '40 Ford V8. So im looking for a CVT that can handle this (estimated) 50hp engine.

Thanks in advance

Might want to look into junior dragster clutch setup
In the outlaw classes, some make that much HP but then again it is set up purely for the launch. I know they can be tuned using ramps and rollers and if you buy used they can be had for not too much money

I'd be looking into CVT's for UTV's. Many of them are MFGR specific, so while you're designing your PTO, you're going to want to have both the driver and driven portions on hand, and in working order. Interesting project.

Pretty much any snowmobile unit should be fine. Comet 94C "Duster" has enough tuning possible for the modest revs and high torque.

Is this based on a V8-60 or the big engine? Furnace brazing the wet bits?

Oh, and massive props for the undertaking! Pics? Pretty please?

I was just looking for more info on the AMC Mighty Mite, and speculating if a Wisconsin V4 could make enough power for a similar project.

Thanks for all the tips. I've spent a few hours researching your suggestions. I've definitely got a direction now.

Well I love the Ford flatty V8, I grew up on them. I've been looking at large V-twins in minibikes and figured.. I can do better. I can slice up a junk block and create a V4.

It would be equal to 1,800cc, that sounds like a darn fun minibike.

It's the full size block, I plan on brazing the passages. Adding the exhaust and water outlets to the rear. Using electric water pumps.

I will post a pic when I get it back from the machine shop. After getting cut in two and bored out to the minimum. Though here it was...

Attachments

Howdy everyone, sorry to bother y'all, but I'm hoping someone here can help me out.

I'm building an adult size minibike with a sideways mounted custom V4, made from a cut down '40 Ford V8. So im looking for a CVT that can handle this (estimated) 50hp engine.

Thanks in advance
Nice project!