WHOOO!!! Got a Running Briggs for FREE!!!!

We got a guy at my work that is a antique everything collector. If its old he's got it. Tractors, Lawnmowers, hit and miss engines......Im telling you everything! 1930's x ray machines......Yeah.....Everything.

I got two junky briggs from him a few weeks back and I got one to run but it had a bad knock. The other just wouldnt run I think it needed a carb kit and a decent tank. Its tank had 3" of varnish in it.

So Anyway, I drove over to his house and waded through the piles of stuff and found a 3hp Briggs I/C engine with a decent tank. I ask him how much and he's like......"Just take it. I dont want the rest of it back after you take the tank off it. Just pitch it".

Its a older one. Was on a homelight water pump and it looks like the impeller shattered because part of the volute was still attached to the engine and it had some rub marks on it.

I yanked all the pump stuff off it and filled the tank with gas. It wouldnt start, I tried checking the points but it doesnt have any. I dont know too much about the newer engines so I just put it all back together and shot some wd-40 in the carb. Started on the first pull and settled to Idle. Ran though the rpms and its pretty smooth!.

So....That was my story of the night! :) I love free Engines!!! Especially when its gonna be a long runner like this I/C engine. Hopefully its enough to pull me around.....

Last edited:

Hent

Good score man. Free stuff is usually the best :)

I didn't get a chance to get those measurements and probably won't until tuesday :confused: Hopefully that's alright.