Wildcat 223 build ???

IMHO, before you start any build.
You need to pull the head off and measure the compression ratio the lil engine has now.
Jus sayin, You need to know where you're at, so you know which direction to go.
I see around here, alot guys putting in bigger cams, scratchin their @sses and wondering why they are gettin smoked by heavier riders with smaller engines and smaller cams.
These lil engines have to make low rpm torq, before they can make high rpm horsepower. The easiest way I found to do that, is bump up the CR 1st thing.
Keep us up to date on your build, and good luck.

He has a good plan.

I'm wondering where the piston will end up at. Some guys were using the EC Carbs rod and piston on their 224's and were surprised with the piston out of the hole.
That's a very good question. I had to clearance the block (pred 224) in 4 different places for a ARC 3.323 rod, and pred 212 flat top piston. A real P.I.T.A. It came out with piston .006" in the hole.
I've have used the stock WC rod, and piston, with a tilly 212r cast aluminum flywheel. They were a drop in kit with a lil clearance on isky's small custom cams. They turned out lil torq monster's that never see 5500 rpm, with governor still working. It's a really good kit for beginner engine builders, cheap and am impressed with the flywheel, it weighs less then any finned ARC, by 3-4 ozs.

LIVIT

He has a good plan.

I'm wondering where the piston will end up at. Some guys were using the EC Carbs rod and piston on their 224's and were surprised with the piston out of the hole.
With the pinnacle long rod. The piston comes to the shelf. So its even across, in stock configuration, the piston on the WC223 is still down some in the cylinder. So no clearance issues and I have not doubts on this, because it's the same connecting rod that EC uses on their WC223 GT1. The numbers I posted came straight from the tech at EC. I've dealt with EC numerous times and trust the tech I talk to there, since he does build these WC223 engines often and does a lot of the R&D for them and they do R&D for Tillitson and Ducar. With my slightly modified WC223, stage 1 and I did some gasket port matching and a bit of porting and polishing. I've already outrun in short drags and trail rides. Friends with stage 2 212's. Had a guy recently with a TM that had a Ghost 212 on it. In drags I left off the line and he would catch up to me at the end. On trails unless we were on a long straight, I could stay ahead of him. This for sure hurt his feeling ;P

So I have no concerns at all with any torque issues. Considering that the WC223 in an almost stock config has loads of torque to begin with. IMO the WC223 for the price is a lot better engine to begin with and has lots of power in the lower rpm's that I like too run. I will get back too this build eventually. Tech at EC and I been talking. Instead of the 1.2 ratio rockers, I might go with a different cam. Plus EC is coming out with a WC223 GT2 and it has some items that I would like to use on my build, that are done being developed, just waiting on them to be available. Dale