Will advanced timing make any difference on a stock engine?

trinik7597

Depending on what billet wheel you are using Joe they range from 28° to 34° advance .. the advance is for correct ignition timing at high rpms . With the gov removed it will help . Also depends on what your comp. Ratio is and what fuel you are running . If it's a hemi predator I would use the slipstream flywheel with a 28° raceseng advance built in just my opinion !!

depending on what billet wheel you are using joe they range from 28° to 34° advance .. The advance is for correct ignition timing at high rpms . With the gov removed it will help . Also depends on what your comp. Ratio is and what fuel you are running . If it's a hemi predator i would use the slipstream flywheel with a 28° raceseng advance built in just my opinion !!
32° btdc

trinik7597

It will run fine !!! That is the norm ... Not to say it's an exact 32° you would have to degree wheel it even with arc .. but it's always damn close

Joe I think your stock steel flywheel has like 15 degrees of timing in it now (give or take) Tim will correct me If I'm wrong.

The goal is to have max combustion pressure around 15 degrees ATDC on the power stroke, for performance use.
Advance is a crutch to help achieve that. Too late, and the piston is accelerating away from the pressure. Too early, the rod angle is bad and doesn't push on the crank
A lazy chamber, lacking effective squish area, has limited charge motion and needs a bigger head start.
High revs also need a bit more advance, as the flame front moves slower than the engine is.