Windber Mini Bike Reunion 2016

I believe it was mentioned "trailering" the bikes to and from the parade which based on the number of bikes seems like either it would take too long or just keep people from wanting to do the parade at all or even go to the event. I know everyone wants to open up the throttle and see what their bikes can do. I would suggest the faster riders in the front and the kids or slower riders in the rear where they won't have to worry about being passed. Not that the faster riders would be allowed to totally go crazy. But at least be limited to not passing Jeff. I am also wondering if there is a place in town available for a more of a "speed test" area?
Jeff stated "the parade is not a race". Speed Test area? This event lost it's police endorsement after this year. Do your speed test at home. Ideas like that are not needed. People can't be trusted till things change.

Rules will be changed. No longer will new auto parts store mini bikes be welcome. A pre- date for all bikes will be enforced. This a VINTAGE meet. .
I've wanted to attend for many years but its hard to do with my stomach condition me and 2 other member were talking about renting a rv and attending next year but if thats what the rules end up being we wont be able to go. Im glad everyone had a good time. Winber always looks great.

Is there something we can do for the Mihalko family from everyone on this thread that have nothing but respect and gratitude for them for putting this event on?
I am willing to put up some money to send them out maybe for a nice family dinner, theater tickets, gift basket from Harry and David? something like that? Just an idea.
Everyone who contributes can maybe put their name on a Thank You card. It is only a suggestion.

Thanks.

Is there something we can do for the Mihalko family from everyone on this thread that have nothing but respect and gratitude for them for putting this event on?
I am willing to put up some money to send them out maybe for a nice family dinner, theater tickets, gift basket from Harry and David? something like that? Just an idea.
Everyone who contributes can maybe put their name on a Thank You card. It is only a suggestion.

Thanks.
Maybe this..........
http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/mini-bike-events/125563-windber-donations.html

Hi all had a great time again this year and will be going again next year

We left early Sunday to get a few extra miles in
But was able to talk to Jeff and thank him before we left my

His biggest concern is that everyone has fun and rides in a safe manner
Yes there will be changes and stricter rules
But it is more about having a quiet muffler and riding slow in designated areas
I also volunteered to help out in any capacity
Willing to put on an orange safety vest and hold a crossing guard sign if needed
I think you will see a more explicit flyer in with the registration form and more signage around the site
It just common sense folks

Razzo hear me out.

I've only been coming to the event for 3 years now. But bashing gumpit and The so called drag tractor which in fact is Leons. Now if your such a big friend of Jeff you would know that Randy (gumpit) and Leon are talked very highly on from Jeff himself. And as for the old timers you can thank me for getting Kenny E. to come again this year. I am very good friends with Kenny and Kerry and they are also personal friends with Jeff even before the reunion so please keep the bashing down. You are on the wrong forum for that because the people on here are more than respectful towards Jeff and his family and make it a point to help him in ANY way possible. So the negative comments must stop. I am no way trying to start an argument but what was done is done and your preaching to the choir about the recklessness. Am who am I.... Ray Johnson- founder of the Ghetto Neck Society mini bike club.......

Last edited:
I see the parade like NASCAR. Bunch everyone up and one little wobble can cause a domino effect of a wreck. I'm not condoning speeding or reckless riding mind you. When the event coordinator and property owner chimes in or changes rules I'll abide by them.

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]

Last edited:

capguncowboy

I didn't hear that they "lost the police endorsement"... Is that a fact?
I think it's speculation. It really wouldn't surprise me though. Then again, you would think the city would be happy to host us for the parade as long as we're making donations. I mean, it's only a few hours one day a year.

This was my first time and I thought it was an awesome event! Had a great time riding around and meeting people. I was only there Saturday but it seemed as if 99.9% of the people were very respectful, from what I could see. Although I didn't ride in the parade, so can't really comment about that.

I did have my grandsons with me and they had the time of their life. I could not get them off of those mini bikes and yes they keep talking about next year, they can't wait! If anyone saw them breaking the rules, let me know and I'll give them a talking to. They were on 2 Ruttman bikes, a toad
and a spyder. :scooter:

I did meet Jeff and speak with him, what a great guy he is. Very hospitable and full of mini bike knowledge! I bought the green Broncco TX2 from him and at a great price. He said it didn't run but when I got home all I had to do is put gas in and 3 pulls later it fired right up. It was the icing on the proverbial cake, to what was a great day!

MB165

kids got participation awards,

robs JD looks great!

3 years of hauling em up we finally had a show, i entered the buildoff roadwidow from three years ago, also rode it in the parade, also entered my daughters TX4, my son his manco thunderbird.

Last edited:
Razzo hear me out.

I've only been coming to the event for 3 years now. But bashing gumpit and The so called drag tractor which in fact is Leons. Now if your such a big friend of Jeff you would know that Randy (gumpit) and Leon are talked very highly on from Jeff himself. And as for the old timers you can thank me for getting Kenny E. to come again this year. I am very good friends with Kenny and Kerry and they are also personal friends with Jeff even before the reunion so please keep the bashing down. You are on the wrong forum for that because the people on here are more than respectful towards Jeff and his family and make it a point to help him in ANY way possible. So the negative comments must stop. I am no way trying to start an argument but what was done is done and your preaching to the choir about the recklessness. Am who am I.... Ray Johnson- founder of the Ghetto Neck Society mini bike club.......
No bashing of Gumpit. Disagreed with his point. Lawn tractors are not MINIBIKES. This is the problem. Read the flyer. I have set up next to Kenny for many years. If you noticed he had my companies t-shirt on in the parade. I love Kenny and was so glad to see him back. I have no way bashed Jeff at all. I don't know what you read. I'm on here to defend him and family. I thought it was disgraceful the way people acted. I have never seen him so upset. Sat morning he was mad at the racing on Friday night on the road. The parade was the final straw. You are right. This is not the forum for me.