Windber Mini Bike Reunion 2016

kids got participation awards,

robs JD looks great!

3 years of hauling em up we finally had a show, i entered the buildoff roadwidow from three years ago, also rode it in the parade, also entered my daughters TX4, my son his manco thunderbird.
That Rupp was awesome.

On another happy note , as I was leaving sunday Jeff presented me with two ribbons

a first place and best in show for my 3x2 stand on reverse trike

Guess I should have entered the tractors too

Thank you Karen, it was great to see you, and spend time with you too. You are one of Cadman's favorite folk's....it didn't matter where we were...when he saw you he'd yell out 'hey Karen !!'

I am hopeful the girls will continue to ride, they really did seem to have a good time. I mean Cindy was all fired up about it :laugh: Mariah is the one that convinced her to give it a try :thumbsup:... and I think that helped to inspire Amy to try too.

Wow that was fun !
Thanks Robert, the ladies took to the Gecko because it can start out slow and easy without needing to balance or lean into turns. Those smiles were priceless as they putted around trying out the controls and enjoying the ride! I hope they will be able to enjoy the Gecko next year, this is the most use it has ever had!

Hey Dan-0! I don't see you much on Planet Minis anymore! Thank you for all the kind words. You are right. It has been getting worst the past few years. People riding in every direction at speed and thru the camping/vender area. People bringing whatever they want to ride. Last year there was a drag race lawnmower! It has to stop. This was a great meet. We use to have beautiful vintage bikes every year. A lot of the regulars have seemed to stop coming in the past years. Changes have to made to keep this event going. It's a shame it came to this.
Yeah, I can't remember the last time I logged into Planet Minis, I'm guessing the last time Davmo built a bike. Hell I probably haven't logged in here for a year. I just don't seem to have the time for forums anymore. It's mostly about taking care of my granddaughter these days. The only reason I logged on here is because I remembered Windber is held over Father's Day weekend, and it wasn't until after Father's Day that it came to me. Oh you missed it again you schmuck. Some day though I promise, good weather or bad, good behavior or bad, I will make it. It's nice to see all the positive stories after your post. One bad apple right?

No bashing of Gumpit. Disagreed with his point. Lawn tractors are not MINIBIKES. This is the problem. Read the flyer. I have set up next to Kenny for many years. If you noticed he had my companies t-shirt on in the parade. I love Kenny and was so glad to see him back. I have no way bashed Jeff at all. I don't know what you read. I'm on here to defend him and family. I thought it was disgraceful the way people acted. I have never seen him so upset. Sat morning he was mad at the racing on Friday night on the road. The parade was the final straw. You are right. This is not the forum for me.
Its all good. This is the forum for everyone. Never said you bashed Jeff so not sure what you read. Just saying people on this forum are definitely not the problem. Did you have a good time at the reunion? Thats what we should focus on. Good times

Its all good. This is the forum for everyone. Never said you bashed Jeff so not sure what you read. Just saying people on this forum are definitely not the problem. Did you have a good time at the reunion? Thats what we should focus on. Good times
Yes we should. It is all good. I am just upset because what happened. Have attended for 14 years and never saw Jeff up set like that. I helped his son Nathan build his bike on Wed. Swapped everything over to new frame. Up and running in a little over 3 hrs. That is what makes this hobby fun. Things like that. I had a good time till after the parade. I stayed till the Police/EMS left the scene. I was directing traffic at the intersection above it. Last to ride back. Hopefully things get back to how it use to be. Nothing but fun for everyone and no headaches Jeff and his family. Sorry just a bit protective of them. It is wonderful event they have provided for over a decade.:scooter:

Yes we should. It is all good. I am just upset because what happened. Have attended for 14 years and never saw Jeff up set like that. I helped his son Nathan build his bike on Wed. Swapped everything over to new frame. Up and running in a little over 3 hrs. That is what makes this hobby fun. Things like that. I had a good time till after the parade. I stayed till the Police/EMS left the scene. I was directing traffic at the intersection above it. Last to ride back. Hopefully things get back to how it use to be. Nothing but fun for everyone and no headaches Jeff and his family. Sorry just a bit protective of them. It is wonderful event they have provided for over a decade.:scooter:
This was my 7th year, and agree, folks on this forum were not the problem. Unfortunately however there is so much focus on this years parade because of the accident, I regret to say, the questionable riding has happened every year in my 7 years. From Jeff's to town, countless people turning around and driving to the back of the pack and even more, passing us in the left lane.

One big problem this year, on Berwick Road (after accident) was groups of 4, 5 or 6 riders stopped and taking up the ENTIRE 'right lane', forcing folks into the left to get around them.

Not sure what the ultimate fix will be for the parade, perhaps this was a wake up call for those who put us in this position in the first place... I'm hopeful the damage wasn't so severe that the only fix, is not have the parade. That truly makes for a great weekend!

Last edited:
I personally had a wonderful time at the event again this year.

Common sense and courtesy, that was enough said by Jeff for a long time. Unfortunately, there are some who were unable, or unwilling to follow this advise, and the rules must be delivered in a more precise way.

Many of us have invested much time, and effort and it would certainly be a shame to loose such a wonderful event so graciously but on by our hosts, Jeff and the whole family.

Wondering if anyone has seen, or has access to the drone footage collected on site?

Wondering if anyone has seen, or has access to the drone footage collected on site?
I saw the footage of one of the drones around 1:00PM Sunday. The drone camera was 3-d and it showed the complete property. There was extensive footage of the upper and lower trails and after seeing the video I now have a complete understanding of the property. It is well worth seeing. Who's footage it was and whether it will make it on here or youtube I don't know.

Doc

(Looks like Pete responded and it will be available here.)

Last edited: