Winter in Cocoa Beach

maverick1

Summers are hot and stickey. Got to throw in a few thunder storms. Lived here all my life so I am used to it. A little change of seasons would be nice.

MikeBear

Summers are hot and stickey. Got to throw in a few thunder storms. Lived here all my life so I am used to it. A little change of seasons would be nice.
Come up to Michigan for two weeks vacation. You'll get a chance to see ALL the seasons during that time, lol

maverick1

My other half has worked at PAFB for 35 years. You are correct with the humidity. Sweat your butt off when it is hot. Plenty of water to cool off in though. The only thing about that there are so many gators they are now in the rivers and on occasion floating in the surf. I pretty much stick to the pool but love walking or bike riding on the beach.

buckeye

Unless you live where the snowbirds come.:laugh:
We have folks who we have been seeing for years.
Get a knee this winter, get a hip next..

Overall, once they find out I am from Ohio, I'm OK.

We were in central fl last fall, I don't believe I would have any trouble at all hibernating for 3 or 4 months in the Lakeland area.

Unless you live where the snowbirds come.:laugh:
We have folks who we have been seeing for years.
Get a knee this winter, get a hip next.
This town doubles in size during the Winters. No exaggeration. About half the homes are owned by snow birds and vacant half the year.

I can deal with FL humidity. It's the no-seeums that kick my ass. It didn't take me long to figure out what those screens around the pools were for in Cocoa Beach!

maverick1

Well H.Dave, we have had a little rain, little heat and now those no-seeums have arrived. Working in the garage with the door down sucks.