WTB 1972 Indian MM5A Flywheel/magneto

Does anyone have a spare flywheel/magneto for the little indian MM5A >> Engine
S5K2 << Our little mini h as been sitting for the last 38 yrs.. I just found out why today.. The points cam inside the flywheel is cracked.. :mad2::mad2::mad2:

markus

Is it marked? nippendenso, bosch, dansi :shrug: its been a few years since I had all my indian/Itajet bikes so I cant remember, but sometimes you can cross those with others.

If my buddies bike made it in from Cali (he just bought an MM5a) I'll try to sneak a peek at the flywheel.

Oh yea, I think you asked about chainguards, If you plan to ride it I dont reccomemend the original long guard, A: you problaby will never find one B: they are solid mounted tothe frame/seatpan and dont float. Anything bigger than a 5 year old Ethiopian will munch the guard up into the chain :doah:

Look for the smaller guard that was common on all the other M series Italjets and Indians

here is the original long one that was on my MM5a, it was munched, and if I sat on it it bottomed out on it :biggrin:)

dont have any close ups but there are 2 of the shorter style ones bottom left that came with some stuff I bought years ago:

Ok, Here's the photos of the indian MM5A Flywheel.. It's a Bosch KB! >> 6V 18W <<
0212005015 You should be able to see the crack too.. (Help)

markus

I did some searching thinking may you get get one off a moped or something. There is a site that has some cross references for parts like that. the number does not show on anything there :doah: If they go in sequential order they start right after yours :doah: I hope your crank is alright :shrug: scenarios for that crack to happen would make me think the crank would have had to take a hit too :eek:hmy:

I'll keep my eyes open, with my friend just picking one up, we will be watching for parts for it.

Ok, thank you.. The crankshaft end looks just like new.. No signs of ever being smacked. :shrug: Flywheel cover excellent.. Also, the factory training wheels have never been off since new.. :thumbsup: I'm thinking someone went in to change the points and didn't align the flywheel with the crank key and then tried to force it on w/ a mallet or haammer ?? Pure speculation on my part though.. :shrug: Looks like we might be putting up the training wheels for a possible trade for a flywheel :confused: :confused:

Hey, scored the whole engine this afternoon.. :clap::clap::clap: We couldn't find a flywheel anywhere.. :shrug: Thanx again for the input..

Also have a broken Flywheel

Hey, scored the whole engine this afternoon.. :clap::clap::clap: We couldn't find a flywheel anywhere.. :shrug: Thanx again for the input..
Hey Jboyce, The magnet in my flywheel is broken. If you have already found another one, would you be willing to sell me your old one? I was curious if I could use a magnet from yours to fix mine? Thanks! John