WTB or WTT for a Briggs carb

45t

I've been battling this engine for a awhile now. The engine shroud says it's a 4hp, but I'm not sure if the shroud has ever been changed out. Its definitely smaller than a 5hp. It had a 5hp carb/tank on it when I got it but a PO cut off the lower tank mount to make it fit on the engine. It ran great but it would rattle itself apart without the lower mount securing it to the engine block. So now I have the correct size tank on the engine but the carb is too big to fit the tank. :mad:

I'm looking for the correct carb to fit the engine & tank. I'm assuming a Briggs 3hp, 3.5hp or 4hp carb would work. I'm looking for a bolt on and go carb (not looking for a project rebuild carb). I will buy or trade. I have the great running 5hp carb to trade that I took off (sorry the tank is junk due to the mounting bracket being cut off).

Please let me know if you can help. :thumbsup:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
What is the height of the tank?

Looks like Mike has something for you. :thumbsup: The engine I was going to take apart isn't running so I couldn't guarantee bolt on & go anyway.

Last edited:
I think I have what you need. I have a whole motor that I won't be using. The gas tank has some kind of spongelike filter in the whole thing. Is yours like this too. im not on here as much as I used to be. Call me or text me, and I can check for you. 765.749.9643.