Year shaft size went down from 3/4 ?

Split sprockets with a quality 35 chain work great and can handle power
My drag bike with a 20+hp 212 and a 3 disc Bully clutch runs #35 chain. I haven't had any issues with it and that clutch hits pretty hard when I launch the bike. It's also a heavy setup since the bike is 97lbs and I'm 225lbs. I'm running RLV Reaper chain on that bike.

People really underestimate what good quality #35 chain can hold up to.

The majority of the guys I run with use #35 chain too and they're all more modded than 98% of the people that post on here. My drag bike won't even hang with the guys running 236 strokers.

LIVIT

If you're thinking about the Tillotson, get the Ducar 212 instead. It's a bit cheaper than the Tillotson and comes with a PVL flywheel instead of the cast one the Tillotson has. The PVL flywheel is rated to 17,000 rpm and won't have to be swapped out if you decide to remove the governor. With the Tillotson and it's cast flywheel, you need to swap it for a PVL or billet one when doing a governor removal.

Ducar makes the engines for Tillotson too. I've got a Ducar 212 and it's a great engine.

I think the only reason the Tillotson is more popular compared to the Ducar is brand name recognition. If you're going to heavily mod the engine it's a wash between the two. For a stock or mild setup, I'd lean towards the Ducar. Just it having the PVL flywheel makes it a better value.

https://www.eccarburetors.com/Ducar-212-Hemi-wPVL-Flywheel_p_2036.html
Wow, tks bud. I was just asking about these stock flywheels. I don't trust them.

LIVIT

My drag bike with a 20+hp 212 and a 3 disc Bully clutch runs #35 chain. I haven't had any issues with it and that clutch hits pretty hard when I launch the bike. It's also a heavy setup since the bike is 97lbs and I'm 225lbs. I'm running RLV Reaper chain on that bike.

People really underestimate what good quality #35 chain can hold up to.
Thanks again, I know I always upgraded my racing bike chains. But that was years ago. So I'm learning a lot here tks too y'all ! Really appreciated !!!

LIVIT

If you're thinking about the Tillotson, get the Ducar 212 instead. It's a bit cheaper than the Tillotson and comes with a PVL flywheel instead of the cast one the Tillotson has. The PVL flywheel is rated to 17,000 rpm and won't have to be swapped out if you decide to remove the governor. With the Tillotson and it's cast flywheel, you need to swap it for a PVL or billet one when doing a governor removal.

Ducar makes the engines for Tillotson too. I've got a Ducar 212 and it's a great engine.

I think the only reason the Tillotson is more popular compared to the Ducar is brand name recognition. If you're going to heavily mod the engine it's a wash between the two. For a stock or mild setup, I'd lean towards the Ducar. Just it having the PVL flywheel makes it a better value.

https://www.eccarburetors.com/Ducar-212-Hemi-wPVL-Flywheel_p_2036.html
I just checked it out. I'm impressed. Yes cheaper than the Til and I like the flywheel. I'm not looking to build a race bike. But if I wanted to run an enduro for fun, then I want something very reliable.

SAS289

That's good to hear, I weigh around 225, so should be no prob then. I'm just going to go ahead and get a good quality CVT/TAV for it. Use the 5/8 to 3/4 adapter GPS has and then I will have it all to use on my Tillotson upgrade when I get it. I totally agree these big tire bikes should come with one for sure.
I'm going to use the stock motor, to learn with. Plan on doing a proper governor removal. Better valve springs etc... I been looking for a heavier duty pull start side cover. I don't trust these stock flywheels, is there such a thing ?
Unless you are doing it to learn I wouldn't waste the effort on governor removal and springs for the 196 if you are going with a different engine. Doing those two things aren't going to improve performance once the CVT is installed. Even with the 60 tooth the engine should top out before max governed if the throttle screw is cut down or removed.