York, a.

I’ll be vending & showing a kinda’ trick Dalesman/Puch trials bike, I once competed on. We‘ve gone every year, except last, for 20+years. Will Stoner put it on as a British meet, before 2004. Everything you’ll want to know, is on their wwwpvrclub.org site. Not a minibike event, but you can usually find something. It is THE vintage dirtbike show/swapmeet in the northeast. John & Jack Penton are usually there, from Ohio. Great folks/Great time. It’s an annual reunion for us, in the area, that haven’t seen each other since the riding weather. It will be crowded & indoors, though.
Loading up, tomorrow, for Saturday (closed to the public) set up.

Last edited:
I’ll be vending & showing a kinda’ trick Dalesman/Puch trials bike, I once competed on.
That is a neat bike. Frame reminds me of the Van Tech kit frames they had for Hodaka, Honda S, etc. This March is a vintage dirt bike event here as well, under the banner "British Invasion" or something. A friend in the area was a national champion (trials) many years ago on a Hodaka, and he still has the bike. I hope you guys take some photos of the vintage bikes and post them for us! Dave

That is a neat bike. Frame reminds me of the Van Tech kit frames they had for Hodaka, Honda S, etc. This March is a vintage dirt bike event here as well, under the banner "British Invasion" or something. A friend in the area was a national champion (trials) many years ago on a Hodaka, and he still has the bike. I hope you guys take some photos of the vintage bikes and post them for us! Dave
Will do. Also, the site has a great gallery of past years. They have a rule, which I like, that you can’t put a bike in the show, if you’ve shown it there in the past three years. As a result, you don’t see the same bikes every year.

I went to this show, many years ago. I was impressed, both from an antique MC point and a mini bike point. The year I was there, there were 3 mini Harleys for sale. A Shortster, (65cc) and two X90s (90cc). I could have bought al three, all of them running, for just under $1000. The things we learn, after the fact!. There were also about a dozen real mini bikes, ("lawnmower engines"), for sale. Most were, as I recall, "rideable", but not restored. The weather will dictate if I go this year or not.

It was another great weekend/show. my Dalesman won second place in the show (trials category), I bought a Champion flat track frame w/glass for a TT500 (Yamaha) among other things and was able to sell almost as much as I bought. Great to see all my outta’ state buddies, for the first time in 2022! There were a few pull start mini’s and parts for sale, but most of the small bore machines were ”minicycles” with transmission. Z50’s, CT70’s and the like. Not as crowded as in the past, foot traffic-wise, which was nice. Sorry, I did not take pictures. There’s been a few folks that have posted on other (motorcycle) sites, though. I’m three hours away and have no need for the Garmin, as we’ve done it and other meets in the area, so many times. Stopped in at a small brewery on the way home for a growler to help with the unloading. It’s been open for just over a year, but not whenever I would be in the area.
Be Here Brewing Co. in Avondale, PA. Good beer, food looked good, nice owner.